Senior Associate Director, Data & Tech Strategist
Senior Associate Director, Data Strategy & Platforms
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
As Data Strategy & Platforms Senior Associate Director, you will be responsible for ensuring Business Group 4 is viewed by its clients and the agency as being at the forefront of data applications in media. You will be expected to work hand-in-hand with other key disciplines within the group (with a particular focus on Strategy & planning, Analytics & Insights and Platform Activation Specialists) to deliver innovative and future-proofed solutions, with a particular focus on using client’s 1st party data better in marketing communications. You will work with key client stakeholders to consult, implement, and assist with key decisions about data. You will be expected to generate significant business performance improvements for clients, as well as incremental revenue opportunities for MediaCom.
Reporting of the role
This role will consist of dual reporting
- Discipline Line Manager: Partner, Head of Data Strategy & Platforms
- Business Group Manager: Digital Director & Partner
3 best things about the job
- You will play a significant part in crafting the direction of the newly formed Data & Tech discipline group, accessing and utilising agency-defining products and datasets from across the WPP group, as well as EssenceMediacom
- You will work with some of the UK’s largest client datasets (Costa, TUI, Bayer, Mars, Muller), creating in partnership breakthrough and award-winning data solutions.
- No day being the same. Data is omnipresent in everything we do as an agency. You will be at the forefront in helping a wide variety of disciplines and specialists utilise data better to achieve more effective outcomes.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Developed a relationship with key client stakeholders across Sky to understand their challenges and business objectives
- Support the leadership team of Business Group 4, starting to identify opportunities to deliver best practice around data-driven marketing and work closely with key specialist leads.
- Be confident to challenge the account teams to ensure proposed solutions always have a data-driven lens
- Instigated relationships with key 2nd party data partners to open up potential opportunities around data utilisation on behalf of your clients e.g. Dunnhumby, Nectar, IRI, Amazon
- Created data-driven growth plans, EssenceMediacom’s proprietary data and technology consultancy tool, to identify and create a roadmap of the key data and technology workstreams and initiatives for 2023 and beyond for all identified clients
- Established yourself as part of the Data and Tech community, contributing regularly to online forums and in-person meetings
In six months, you would have:
- Produced, published and presented, in conjunction with the central Data Strategy & Platforms team, best practice training documents and guidelines in the use of data and technology products and solutions
- Delivered key data-driven workstreams, identified through the Data Growth Plan, showcasing the positive outcome they have delivered for the clients
- Developed relationships with key stakeholders within WPP, including Choreograph and GroupM, to benefit your clients and wider team
- Established yourself as an owner of a key pillar within the data strategy and platforms community (e.g. privacy, ethic, sustainability etc.)
In 12 months, you would have:
- Grow the team of data and technology specialists within Business Group 4, with a particular focus on analysts and data management roles
- Deliver incremental revenue to the business through introducing and delivering EssenceMediacom paid for tools, solutions and services that are out of scope
- Grow the capabilities and understanding of the wider Business Group 4 community with regards to Data and Technology
- Enter and win awards with the work you have helped to achieve with your clients
- Lead the Data and Technology component on a new business pitch
Responsibilities of the role
- Provide thought-leadership and direction to the clients and teams within Business Group 4 with regards best practice utilisation of data and technology
- Help establish a defined way of working through greater utilisation of data across the entire planning and buying process (and be able to quantify the change you have made and the outcome it has delivered)
- Be the key driver behind growing revenue from data an technology initiated projects and services
- Be the conduit to the central Data and Strategy Discipline Group and Business Group 4
- Help establish the Data and Technology discipline Group within EssenceMediacom
What you will need
- To be passionate about all things digital, data and technology with a deep understanding of the digital landscape and industry trends
- Expert knowledge of data, with a key focus on 1st party data
- Strong client services and project management skills
- Ability to demonstrate creative and innovative solutions to problems and challenges posed
- Substantive, authoritative and credible – someone who will be able to quickly influence senior colleagues, clients and partner agency people
- You can roll up your sleeves and dive into the details where required
- You are intellectually and interpersonally adaptive; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow
- You are enthusiastic, a team player, ambitious and eager to make an impact
- Hands-on knowledge of working with 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data including CRM is a distinct advantage
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediaCom London*