Marketing & Business Development Executive
Marketing & Business Development Executive
The Marketing and Business Development team is integral to the growth of our business. As such, it is fast paced, challenging and offers people the chance to experience all facets of MediaCom.
It is our responsibility to market MediaCom to clients, prospects, journalists and the wider industry, whilst also overseeing internal communications to MediaCom UK employees. It is our role to promote MediaCom as the thought leader in the media industry through a distinct and/or differentiated point of view.
The Marketing & Business Development Executive will play a key role in showcasing MediaCom’s industry expertise and the work we do for our clients, plus supporting on pitches to bring in new clients. In this role you will also have the opportunity to broaden your media experience by working part time in the planning department.
What are the three best things about the job?
- The team is lively, hard-working, warm, welcoming and fun.
- The team is an exciting part of the business where you work with the best people in the agency, doing industry-leading work. This is the perfect place for anyone who is excited about a career in media.
- Marketing goes hand in hand with New Business, as we grow the business by reinforcing our position as industry leaders through events, awards, thought leadership and digital/social content. As such this is a multi-faceted and varied role.
- Supporting content writing for MediaCom’s social channels
- Assisting with the project management of industry award entries, including sourcing entries, writing and sub-editing, repurposing entries, design and video production.
- Content writing for the MediaCom UK website, including articles and case studies.
- Work with design and production to develop artwork and video content for both internal and external channels.
- Support planning and logistics of internal and/or client events
- Compile competitor audits and inspiration across social, websites etc.
- Support pitch teams working on New Business briefs
- Input into pitch ideas, for example collateral etc
What are the measures of success?
- You are able to adopt the MediaCom tone of voice and confidently write communications for both internal and external audiences.
- You can be trusted by various stakeholders to work both independently and collaboratively.
- You are a successful communicator with all stakeholders.
What would you expect to achieve in the first three months?
- Established working relationships with key departments and stakeholders around the company to ensure a visible profile.
- Adopted the MediaCom tone of voice in both internal and external comms, including website articles.
What will you need?
The most important attributes we are recruiting this role on are energy, attitude and values.
- Team player with a positive, energetic attitude
- Excellent project management
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- A drive to win and to always improve
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Mature, calm and confident when communicating to all levels, both inside and outside of the business
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*