Digital Associate Director
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
Overview of role
The role will focus on being a digital leader in our Birmingham office. This will involve being the key client lead on digital focused clients as well as providing digital consultancy across the full breadth of Birmingham clients.
You will work closely with the Digital Leads in specialist teams across Display, Social, PPC, SEO, Data and tech to strategise, drive innovation, challenge and educate and deliver upon your client’s business objectives.
The Digital Associate Director needs to have a strong digital understanding of all channels, and how digital fits into the multi-media connected system and opportunities this presents.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Advanced understanding of digital principles, paid social, partnerships, mobile, data and analytics
- Strong knowledge of the programmatic media, paid social and search landscape
- Strong knowledge of the adtech world, future trends and implications to clients and agency
- An understanding of the different offline media types – TV, OOH, Radio, etc, and importantly how they form part of a connected media system
- Understanding of attribution modelling, ad-serving and trafficking technologies
- Ability to analyse client sales and consumer data imaginatively and get to grips with dynamics of the clients marketing environment
- To be able to evaluate the effect of a campaign as a whole and media’s contribution to it.
- Challenges the Status quo - seeking innovative and new ways to deal with challenges and finds creative solutions
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior internal digital practitioners within the group
- Adept at working with multiple teams to develop and deliver effective solutions for clients
- To be a leader on our digital offering within the office, working to upskill knowledge across the team and all clients
- Ability to deal with the senior and demanding clients with strong influencing and negotiation skills, calm under pressure
- Ability to flex approach and explain complexity to digital natives as well as non-digital client stakeholders and make them comfortable with our ideas and execution
- Play an education role with clients to help them understand the potential in their data and how they can utilise it.
- Must possess strong written, presentation, analytical, quantitative, and verbal skills and have strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing a team of Managers/Executives/Assistants
If you have the skills and experience for this exciting and challenging role, we would love to hear from you!
Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.