Principal Data Scientist
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
Who we are?
MediaCom Systems Intelligence houses all of the data, effectiveness, insight and technology specialists within MediaCom. The team has one purpose – to ensure the best use of data within media planning. Systems Intelligence helps our clients to succeed by delivering a data-driven approach to media strategy, planning and activation with an emphasis on accountability and innovation. This unit also empowers & guides the wider MediaCom network on their own data journey.
An integral part of Systems Intelligence is the Systems Technology team which specialises in creating tools and services to be used by clients and the agency. We provide expertise on data science, media effectiveness, applications, dashboards, APIs, and working in the cloud. Our team is a collection of Data Scientists, Engineers, Dashboard Engineers and application developers.
As part of Systems Technology, you will see the impact of your work in your local office, across the UK and globally. The primary focus of the team is to create, deploy and maintain a suite of optimisation and modelling tools to aid our clients in making better media investment decisions.
Systems Tech is based in London and Leeds and this role is available in both locations.
Top 3 things about the Role:
- You’ll be at the cutting edge of creating the most advanced analytics in the media industry.
- You’ll be working in a close knit, friendly team who are there to support you at every stage of your career.
- Continuous learning, autonomy & room for development with the best in the industry.
As a Principal Data Scientist in MediaCom Systems Technology, you will be building tools and models in R to support our planning teams in building effective marketing campaigns. Initially you will be responsible for maintaining our existing set of products. Once familiar with them you will move on to improving them where appropriate and developing new products when you’ve got a sense of how Systems Technology works with the broader agency.
- Maintaining existing R models and tools
- Building models and running statistical analyses
- Visualising datasets and model outputs for understanding by a non-technical audience
- Progressing towards statistical model design and creating interactive applications
- Coach and develop junior team member(s), where applicable, so they maximise their potential at MediaCom.
- Undergraduate degree in a STEM or other statistically focussed subject such as Economics
- Experience with at least one of the following; linear models, linear algebra, tree-based models, clustering, Bayesian statistics.
- Logical, problem solving mindset
- Experience with R, or comparable experience with Python and willingness to learn to contribute to the maintenance of existing R-based tools
- Great written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with SQL, Git and Google Cloud Platform (or similar)
- Experience working with marketing and/or web analytics data
- Comfortable presenting to non-technical audiences
If you have the skills and experience for this challenging and exciting role, we would like to hear from you!
Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.