Performance Content Planner
Performance Content Planner
Department / Team
MediaCom Beyond Advertising
SEO Performance Manager
Overview of job
MediaCom requires a highly motivated, confident, and creative Content Planner to join our award winning and rapidly growing SEO & Performance Content team, to support the SEO and Content Managers in the day-to-day running of their campaigns. The role comprises of production/copywriting responsibilities as well as project management, strategy and outreach support - a perfect opportunity for someone who has 1 – 2 years’ experience in this field, but ready to take more ownership and progress their career.
Not only will the successful candidate be working with some of the largest brands and advertisers in the world, they’ll also have the opportunity to develop their knowledge of media planning, thanks to the close integration between MediaCom’s SEO team with other specialist departments within the company.
By recognising that our staff are our single most important asset, we strive to create an exciting and challenging environment for them to work in. We believe that our people are what makes MediaCom such a success and are our greatest asset. As such, we invest heavily in staff training to ensure we are employing the very best in the industry and that they are constantly motivated and stimulated.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the SEO Performance Content Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- Adventurous and pioneering clients who want to succeed in search and content.
- The team! Both the immediate core team and the wider departments we work with are fantastic. It’s great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at MediaCom across all departments.
- Outstanding personal development, training and learning opportunities, such as online learning, incredible guest speakers and dedicated Google days hosted at our offices.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Strengthened your Editorial, Content and Project Management skills, identifying and filling in gaps in your learning
- Delivered consistently high quality work, and accurate insightful reporting
- Built strong relationships with your clients and peers, starting to lead day to day communications
In six months, you would have:
- Demonstrated confidence feeding into your projects’ Content strategies
- Developed your knowledge and experience working with Media Planning, understanding how SEO and Content works as part of a wider Media strategy and feeding into briefs
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become the trusted “go-to” person for the clients and internal teams with regards to Content
Responsibilities of the role:
- Producing SEO-driven pieces of online content, including but not limited to: guides, PRs, blog pieces, product copy and feature articles
- Running Content and Copywriting workshops – both client facing and internal
- Supporting the delivery of both outreach and Digital PR campaigns
- Managing third party suppliers and freelancers - online publications, content creators, development agencies etc. The successful candidate will run the end to end process for client’s content campaigns, from strategy, ideation, production to reporting
- Keyword research & content optimisation recommendations
- Carrying out reviews of client websites
- Supporting both the Content and SEO Manger in relevant Account Management duties
- Monitor industry trends and updates and report back on insights to their Account Manager and the wider team
What you will need:
- High standard of written and spoken English, degree in journalism or related subject desirable
- Experience copywriting for the web (Articles, Guides, PRs, Blog posts)
- Good understanding of web technologies (Web Servers, Website Information Architecture, and experience with Content Management Systems)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or alternative analytics software
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently to deliver high-quality work to timescale
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills, experience managing third party suppliers/freelancers highly desirable
- Ability to pre-empt problems and be pro-active in producing solutions
- Ability to identify out-of-scope opportunities and raise to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Proven client-facing and internal communication skills are an absolute essential
- Good understanding of emerging digital technologies and digital content solutions
- Agency experience preferable
Essential personal qualities:
- A real team player
- Ability to take responsibility for own work; to make sure that others deliver in support of you if required
- Self-esteem, confidence and strength of character
- Flexibility - willingness to pick up tasks for others
- Quick to learn, and keen to develop
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Ability to fit into the character of the company whilst still bringing individuality
- A diplomatic, collaborative and positive approach to working life
MediaCom have one of the most innovative, passionate and successful digital performance teams in the UK, providing clients with best-in-class digital services across Paid Search, SEO, Data, Programmatic Display, Paid Social and other performance media.
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this - interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success. To learn more, visit us at www.mediacom.com