MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We’re looking for a person who will play a key role for Mars, one of MediaCom’s largest clients globally. Mars are one of the world’s leading CPG companies with a global footprint ranging from the popular products like Snickers, M&Ms to pet food and nutrition
Specifically the candidate would join our MediaCom Network of Excellence (NOE) team who support the implementation of MARS Key Beliefs everywhere and develop new thinking to evolve the MARS media model. The NOE manage global Test and Learn initiatives and devise and deploy a uniform integrated planning and buying frameworks. They are accountable and responsible for ensuring local markets share and reapply successful media initiatives and for facilitating a positive working relationship with MARS creative agencies.
Our shared mission is to form a partnership that will:
Improve media EFFECTIVENESS e.g. Better share and reapply of great work
Provide FOCUS on media to the MARS business e.g. Media Representation at Brand Boards.
The data analyst/planner will play a significant role in helping to support the MARS team in the coordination and delivery of global and regional reporting and related projects. The remit is expected to be varied but will be initially a support/coordination focused role before progressing to be the point of contact for reporting, specifically in relation to the MARS scorecard.
· Ensure that data is accurately collected for the use in report, taking ownership of more complex or high-profile reports.
· Participate in and deliver reports as requested
· Deliver on Ad Hoc requests with insightful, relevant and ‘on brief’ analysis.
· Comply with all internal reporting requirements in line with GroupM and client expectations.
· Assist in the automation of reports and enhanced methods of presenting data/report findings to the client as relevant i.e. scorecards/dashboards etc
· Ensure accuracy of reports, calculations, data sources and versions.
· Contribute towards the definition, implementation and effectiveness of data integrity methodologies and processes across the team including but not limited to quality assurance initiatives for all client facing data.
· Support the effective implementation and knowledge sharing of all quality assurance initiatives across the broader team, as appropriate.
· To be an advocate of continuous improvement and utilise a structured approach to ensure that the organisation benefits from learning and past performance.
· Ensure that all ‘owned’ processes are comprehensively documented for all key operational areas.
· Optimise and update reporting processes and tools as needed in order to stay current and efficient in order to deliver higher operational performance and greater client satisfaction.
· Assist in the rollout and implementation of new processes to stakeholders as necessary e.g. training of the team in such processes.
· To ensure full compliance will all internal and client processes.
· To contribute towards the continual improvement of internal processes, as appropriate
· Support the wider team in initiatives to optimise current and new reporting and tools.
· Assist in the process of identifying and implementing appropriate new analyses, studies, etc. using our existing data to inform and enhance existing and future digital campaigns, and/or identify new data sources which would enhance insight and strategy.
· Ensure relevant business knowledge is deployed, shared and retained within the team and shared across the wider function where relevant.
· Act as business adviser to the internal team clarifying reporting/data requirements and requests to ensure accurate and meaningful reports and insights are provided which are directly linked to agreed campaign KPI’s.
· Maintain a sustainable positive relationship with key stakeholders and maintain contact as appropriate and expected.
Skills, Behaviours and Experience Required
We are looking for someone who is inquisitive, proactive, and highly-organised
· Passion for media and hunger to learn more
· Numerate and analytical
· Team player and winning can-do attitude
· Demonstrate a good competency of using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· High attention to detail
· Efficient working style; able to handle a number of tasks at once and effectively manage time
· Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal English language skills/grammar
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom