Display Planner Buyer (Mat Cover)
Display Planner Buyer
Overview of job
We need an enthusiastic and passionate Display Planner Buyer to work on the Boots account, one of MediaCom’s largest accounts. Activity on Boots is hugely varied with campaigns ranging from cosmetics and beauty to opticians and hearing care.
Our Planner Buyers are responsible for the planning, account management, optimisation and reporting of digital display advertising for MediaCom UK’s largest and most prestigious brand & direct response clients
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the team Digital Implementation Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- You’ll get to work on an exciting retail brand that is combining both online and instore driving activity. The digital campaigns are focused towards performance and data, with a wide variety of different brands within the portfolio
- You’ll be part of tight-knit, dedicated team who live and breathe digital and whose comradery is contagious!
- You’ll be joining the Boots team at an unprecedented time of transformation in their business as they move to a data-led, personalised approach to all marketing
Measures of success:
- Successful end to end management of multiple digital display campaigns
Our Planner Buyers act as account managers, with exceptional organisational skills, able to manage all aspects of campaign delivery from the initial response to brief, liaison with creative agency and client contacts, set-up, optimisation, reporting and post-campaign analysis.
- Established as an expert in activating digital display campaigns
A Display Planner Buyer will over time work in client facing capacity directly with clients and internal Planning teams so needs to be the expert voice in the room for the channel
- Proven account management skills
Excellent time management, analytical and organisational skills alongside a high attention to detail are the lifeblood of our Planner Buyers and the foundation of all future progression.
In three months, you would have:
- Established media owner, client and internal Planning team relationships
- Successfully managed, optimised and delivered digital display campaigns with a range of media owners and KPIs
- Completed all key training areas required to perform the role across MediaCom, GroupM and external Media Owner modules.
What you will need:
- To be passionate about all things digital
- Have an inquisitive and keen to learn attitude.
- Strong organisational skills.
- You will have worked in digital display with an existing knowledge of the marketplace and how to plan and buy campaigns
- You will understand the functions of an adserver and of content verification tools, and how to interpret the data
- You will have experience in reporting on digital display campaigns, and pulling together commentary for clients
- You have strong inter-personal skills and can be an ambassador for the digital team at all times, both within the agency and at external client meetings and industry events.
- You will be someone who loves to work as part of a team.
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUKFollow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en