Global Systems Planning Project Manager
Job title: Global Systems Planning Project Manager
MediaCom is looking for a Project Manager to support the Systems Planning Project Team. This role manages a direct report to support the workstreams that comprise the Systems Planning Programme: product adoption, product development and maintenance, communications and user support.
About the role
Systems Planning is MediaCom’s global end-to-end planning process, and this is a key role on the Systems Planning global team that has developed and rolled out a proprietary planning platform for use by over 3,500 MediaCom employees in over 60 markets around the world.
The Team’s focus is to drive global adoption of the planning platform and to continuously evolve the product to support the MediaCom planning community to deliver best in class campaigns for our clients.
The team have a wealth of experience across a wide range of specialities. The working environment is fast-paced and always exciting. Teamwork is the secret weapon of our close-knit team and is essential for our success.
The role reports into the Programme Director.
MediaCom is a relaxed, friendly, and fun workplace where anyone who has a can-do attitude and who is be flexible, reliable, hard-working can excel and have a career with us. You must be diplomatic as this role will manage many external & internal stakeholders and know when to keep the team informed. You must have outstanding organisational skills, be self-driven and capable of making progress on simultaneous projects. Media experience is a plus, but not essential, especially if you are willing to dive in and learn. Excellent written and oral language skills is a must.
- Lead the delivery of ad hoc projects, examples:
- Engage with global experts to capture their knowledge for use in the planning platform
- Evaluation of platform user experience with new feature
- Update the planning platform to support new development work
- Evaluation of platform mobile version and recommendations for improvement
- Support global training programme – support communications, webinar presentations, creation and delivery of collateral
- Lead the delivery of ongoing programme deliverables:
- Build the agenda and presentation (in collaboration with senior stakeholders) for a monthly global call educating our planning colleagues across the network on latest System Planning developments
- Build rapport with Systems Planning Champions across the network, develop a strategy and execute to maximise attendance on monthly calls
- Tracking stakeholder engagement
- Update of reference collateral for new product/programme developments
- Continual improvement of auto-generated PowerPoint presentation templates
- Presentations via webinar to team members in other locations:
- New features in the planning platform
- Programme initiatives
- Weekly communications to wider group of stakeholders
- Manage the Global Project Executive. The Global Project Executive reports directly to this role and is responsible for supporting the Project Manager. The Project Executive is also responsible for team administrative work (execution of monthly email campaigns, booking meetings etc).
- Collaborate with the Planning Lead to develop and execute the platform content strategy; this will include building a process to content sources and populate the platform with strategically relevant and inspirational content for planners
Key Skills & Behaviours
- A strong collaborator – this role liaises with many roles – including the product team, programme team, and teams across the globe
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
- Comfortable with change and a fast-moving environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in managing global projects with mutliple stakeholders
- Manage multiple workstreams and prioritize
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom