International - Senior Insight Analyst - Global Clients
Senior Insight Analyst
Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, MindShare, etc.
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
The Analytics team produces reports, analysis and insight about digital advertising carried out via Paid Social, Programmatic and Paid Search, to help our clients and stakeholders understand what parts of our advertising is working and what could be improved.
In partnership with Ad Operations, the Analytics team owns the quality and integrity of all the data generated through our campaigns. From the moment an advert is named to the moment a user makes a purchase because of it, we collect data via many different platforms and tools to build an accurate picture of performance. This puts us in a fantastic position to spot micro and macro trends within the data and deliver powerful cross-channel insight.
The Senior Analytics and Insight Analyst supports the Insight Manager in analysing data from live digital media campaigns to deliver live insight. This insight will include recommendations to optimise how well campaigns deliver on their KPI’s, and the results will deepen our understanding of what drives performance for our clients.
Producing this insight will require a strong understanding of the “levers” that digital media channel specialists can pull to enhance performance – for example, creative rotation or targeting – and the use of persuasion and collaboration to get your recommendations actioned. You will be working across a variety of global campaigns under a degree of time pressure to ensure both performance and learnings are maximised before the campaign budget is spent.
Reports and dashboards with accurate, fresh, granular data will be key to your success and you will work with the wider Analytics team to shape their reporting accordingly. Depending on the client’s measurement framework and media KPI’s, you may also work to onboard and analyse data from other channels that are impacted by digital media, such as website traffic, offline sales or digital community sentiment.
This role offers the chance to:
- Deepen your skills in data manipulation and analysis
- Derive insights that fuel digital marketing and have a real influence on global clients’ marketing campaign strategies
- Deliver recommendations that have a tangible impact on sales and performance
- Collaborate with channel specialists to build invaluable cross-channel knowledge
- Become a trusted expert that clients turn to with challenging questions
- Be a visible and persuasive point of contact for clients
You’ll be working in an environment where personal development is encouraged. We want you to learn something every day and acquire valuable new skills that excite you.
- Lead the Analytics and Insights Executive in delivering live insight that deepens the understanding of what works for our clients’ advertising campaigns and businesses
- Build trust and understanding of this new service internally and with clients through education, persuasion and evidence of effectiveness
- Build Powerpoint presentations and deliver them in a way that make your argument clear and compelling
- Align optimisation recommendations and their results with the client’s measurement goals to keep track of your impact and learnings
- In conjunction with the wider Analytics team, build reports and dashboards that are clear, accurate and fit for delivering live insight
- Understand how multiple data sources are tied together within dashboards to spot and troubleshoot problems
- Analyse data to produce concise, actionable summaries and insights
- Test and interrogate new data analysis tools and techniques to understand their advantages and limitations
- “Talk data” to a non-technical audience
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing channels such as Paid Search, Paid Social and Programmatic and how they complement each other in a typical digital media campaign
- Strong experience using Excel, Tableau, and other data visualisation tools
- Problem solving skills and a desire to find a “better way”
- Ability to make inferences and decisions based on data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task, delegate, prioritise and manage expectations
- Efforts and strategies to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Honesty and integrity
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en