Planner - PlayStation and Adidas
MediaCom – adidas & PlayStation UK – Comms Planner
Overview of job
The Comms Planner will be a crucial part of both the adidas and PlayStation UK teams in TED, working 50% on each account.
Our clients are hugely passionate about their brand and their products – so the ideal candidate would also have an interest in sport, music, fashion, gaming and culture.
Our Comms Planner will work across all of adidas’ UK categories (Football, Originals, Running, Women’s Training, etc.) and all of PlayStation’s (Software, Hardware and Services).
Your primary focus will be supporting offline channel planning (AV, OOH, Print, etc.) – but you’ll have visibility across all comms channels (Paid Social, Digital, Partnerships, etc.)
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Senior Planner who also works across both accounts – with substantial support also coming from the Associate Director.
3 best things about the job:
1. You’ll be part of a tight-knit, dedicated team and department who already have great working relationships with both adidas and PlayStation.
- You’ll be working on brands that everyone wants to work with – producing iconic work that that has the chance to truly impact culture.
- You’ll get broad, cross-channel media experience working with one of the most dynamic brands in the world. Meaning you’ll develop your media skill set hugely in a short space of time with plenty of support and structure.
Measures of success:
1. Our Planner Buyer will support all aspects of campaign delivery from the initial response to brief, liaising with key internal MediaCom teams (offline channel specialists, Central team, etc), to ongoing discussions with the clients and creative agencies, plus heavy involvement in reporting and PCAs.
- Strong client facing skills. Our Planner Buyer will get a lot of client exposure – so will have to be confident in person, on conference calls and over email.
- Strong account management skills. Our Planner Buyer will have excellent time management and organisational skills, with high attention to detail. They will also have the confidence to communicate clearly with all teams. adidas and PlayStation have numerous campaigns in-market at any one time, so a key part of the role will be helping everyone stay on top of everything.
- Ability to interrogate a brief and provide the team with strong insights. A big part of our job is to ensure the European guidelines will work in the UK market – so analytical skills and the ability to use planning resources (e.g. TGI, YouGov, Live Panel, etc.) will be really important.
- Become an integral member of The Entertainment Department (TED). Our department culture is very important to us and there are lots of opportunities to get involved and work closely with other account teams across Film, Music, Sports etc. Our department is widely considered to be the best in the agency, so is a fantastic place to be.
In three months, you would have:
- Got fully up to speed with the pace of life working on adidas and PlayStation, and supported on all planned campaigns
- Built a strong relationship with all internal MediaCom teams that are crucial to the account (European Hub, TED AV, OOH, Print specialists, etc.)
In six months, you would have:
- Become a trusted part of the UK team from our clients’ perspective – and someone that they are happy to go to directly when needed
- Successfully planned and delivered your own campaigns – whilst also providing support across the Tier 1 and Tier 2 campaigns for the wider team
In 12 months, you would have:
- Been integral to the delivery of some award-winning campaigns
- Become a go-to person for all things adidas and PlayStation within the agency
What you will need:
- To be hugely passionate about adidas and PlayStation – both the brands, and the wider industries that they are involved in – sport, fashion, music, lifestyle, gaming, etc.
- To be highly organised, and capable of working under tight turnaround times (clients like these don’t really work to the lengthy SLAs that other clients do, so we need to be flexible)
- To be fully capable of using Prisma (MediaCom booking platform) and Lumina (adidas planning platform) – training will be provided
- To be capable of booking and trafficking Digital Partnership activity when required (training will be provided)
- Strong understanding of MediaCom’s finance process
- Ability to use planning resources (TGI, YouGov, BrandZ, WARC, Addynamix etc.) to help provide competitive reports and insights for our plans
- Strong presentation skills when proposing recommendations and PCAs
- The appetite to learn and develop. You’ll have the chance to absorb knowledge and experience across all channels for two of the best brands in the world.
- A positive attitude and desire to do market-leading work, we firmly believe it is an amazing opportunity to work on these accounts!
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en