International - Programmatic Manager - Playstation
About The Mediacom International Programamtic Buying Unit
Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, MindShare and WaveMaker. Within these companies we have the largest search & biddable operations around the world with a greater geographic footprint than any competitor.
The Mediacom International biddable teams are at the forefront of that structure. Servicing both centrally executed campaigns in multiple languages as well as coordinating and supporting strategic directions across markets. We work on a mix of blue chip clients for both direct and brand led initiatives including but not limited to: Playstation, adidas, Shell, Bose and many more.
Our vision for programmatic is its integral role in the media mix and the connectivity between medias both on and offline with search acting as a key gateway. A role in our team therefore allows you to advance your skill set as a subject expert but also exposes you to a much wider media business offering diversified training and development opportunities for a long term career path.
We have a large, dynamic & fast growing International central London team with additional teams in local markets and a further operational hub in Manchester.
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic programmatic specialist to join MediaCom Worldwide as a Programmatic Manager, leading optimisation, strategy and campaign performance for one of our biggest accounts – Sony Playstation.
This is an opportunity to become part of a specialist team with an international remit across truly global advertisers. We have an integrated approach to planning and you would gain exposure to all media channels with the opportunity to feed insights back into programmatic strategies.
The Mediacom Worldwide Programmatic team services both centrally executed campaigns in multiple languages as well as coordinating and supporting strategic directions across markets. The Programmatic Manager will report into the Programmatic Associate Director Playstation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Trader to step up into a Manager role and manage a team of 6 traders, ranging from entry level executives to senior trader level. The day to day responsibilities includes project managing the output of the team as well as liaising between three major stakeholder groups: the central Mediacom planning team, Central PlayStation clients and local EMEA Mediacom teams. It is essential that the person in this role expresses an interest in the industry and is confident in discussing complex elements of programmatic to senior stakeholders.
Job TitleProgrammatic ManagerReporting ToProgrammatic Associate Director
Department Worldwide ProgrammaticGroup/Level3
LocationLondon, with travel (as required by the job)Date IssuedFebruary 2019
SalaryCompetitive based on experience
Objectives of the Role:
The Programmatic Manager will have extensive, proven and detailed knowledge and experience in Programmatic and DSP implementations. They will be familiar with and have experience of multiple Programmatic tools, campaign delivery and participate actively in Programmatic discussions with clients and internal teams
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
1. Campaign supervision/ optimisation
- Oversee and ensure best-in-class campaign activation across the entire Sony Playstation account, ensuring traders are operating at the highest standard and delivering highest quality output on each and every campaign
- Take a proactive role, supervising campaign activation and optimisation rigor, supporting executives, optimisers and senior optimisers across all clients.
- Train and support specialist campaign traders to increase knowledge across the department.
- Support the teams in demonstrating effectiveness of approach and outcomes in relation to optimisation strategies implemented, working in close partnership with PBU managers, who work directly with clients.
- Create templates and proven methodologies for optimisation approach for key trading tactics, covering training curriculum, certifications, DSP intensives, optimisation logs, budget trackers, and PowerPoint slides, supporting the team, and drive adoption across PBU team.
- Create, lead and implement optimisation products and services, unique to MediaCom.
2. Operating and Technical Requirements
- Having an overview of day-to-day running of live campaigns.
- Support the traders to ensure financial accuracy, integrating the planning and buying process, and reconciliation of spends, including client terms and programmatic fees, via buying templates and processes.
- The appropriate use of tools to drive accountability in programmatic buying, operational efficiencies and actionable business insights; with the scoping of agreed client outputs.
- Drive revenue growth through spotting new optimisation opportunities, services or products and delivering excellent results.
- Share learnings, templates and relevant products across MediaCom Connected Execution digital teams, that drive integration and systems thinking in campaign activation.
3. People Management
- The ability to motivate and train individuals, and be a key stakeholder in the development of junior staff.
- To support and nurture junior employees, ensuring their training and development needs are constantly evaluated and fulfilled.
- To support and nurture junior employees, helping line managers to build out training and development plans.
- Clearly outline tasks and objectives with the Programmatic Associate Director, with specific deliverables and timelines for progression.
- To have identified training requirements with Line Manager, and a formal plan for delivery over 12 months.
- Ensure PBU client campaigns are prioritised in line with budget and campaign significance.
- Highlight great team work, and client initiatives. Demonstrate examples of Programmatic best practice to the wider team, and contribute to department and wider agency PR and communications.
- Diarise weekly ‘WIP’ catch-ups, and regular task reviews.
- Support Head of Programmatic on New Business
- Participate in pitches and help with new business wins
Indicates the preferred background knowledge required e.g. a minimum period of experience in a defined area of work It outlines the required previous knowledge of the industry/sector.
Skills and Experience
What experience and/or achievement in a field, profession or a specialisation is required.
Indicate what skills specific to the job are required, e.g. PowerPoint skills, payroll skills, etc.