Display & Programmatic Planner Buyer
Display & Programmatic Planner Buyer
Overview of job
We are looking for a strong Planner Buyer to join the Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) team, working across a number of their core brands including Lloyds, Halifax, Scottish Widows, MBNA and B2B brands.
Our Planner Buyers are responsible for the planning, account management, optimisation and reporting of digital display advertising for MediaCom UK’s largest and most prestigious brand & direct response clients.
This role requires an experienced Planner Buyer, focusing on brand planning across display, OLV and programmatic. With some of the biggest brands in financial services we have huge ambitions to increase our digital brand activations. In addition, with an impressive warehouse of customer data, the role provides a great opportunity to be involved in advanced first party data usage that puts LBG ahead of their competitors.
Our team has a unique and exciting setup where MediaCom and LBG have teamed up to form one cohesive team, bringing the best of both worlds together - more than just collaborative, we are a joint team – no longer agency and client.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the team Display & Programmatic Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- The people – you’ll work in a very supportive and ambitious team with a range of backgrounds, skills and experiences to learn from
- The work – you’ll do industry leading, big brand planning predominantly on Lloyds and Halifax, with genuinely award-winning potential in almost every brief.
- Your development – we’ll support your learning and development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from other teams in the agency.
Measures of success:
- Successful end to end management of multiple digital display campaigns
Our Planner Buyers act as account managers, with exceptional organisational skills, able to manage all aspects of campaign delivery from the initial response to brief, liaison with creative agency and client contacts, set-up, optimisation, reporting and post-campaign analysis.
- Creating and pushing the new and innovative
A Display Planner Buyer will look at new opportunities in both media and creative, pull together clear recommendations and gain the support of Manager to help get sign off from clients.
- Proven financial management skills
Excellent financial management skills, ensuring that bookings are carried out to best practice, with high attention to detail and to deadline and queries are resolved correctly and in a timely fashion.
In three months, you would have:
- Established media owner, client and internal Comms Planning team relationships
- Successfully planned, managed, optimised and delivered digital display campaigns with a range of media owners and KPIs
- Built up a network of peers across the agency to share learnings and ideas and to share with LBG clients to advance our digital planning
What you will need:
- To be passionate about all things digital
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- Strong organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail in everything you do
- Accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions
- Experience in digital display with an existing knowledge of the marketplace and how to plan and buy campaigns
- An understanding of the functions of an adserver and of ad verification tools, and how to interpret the data
- Experience in reporting on digital display campaigns and putting forward optimisations for your campaigns
- Strong inter-personal skills and can be an ambassador for the digital team at all times, both within the agency and at external client meetings and industry events.
- Experience in Finance & Banking is helpful, but not essential
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. In addition to LBG its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Direct Line Group, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
In June 2018 Mediacom went through a restructure that resulted in the agency being put into seven Business Units made up of billings between £100m-£250m, consisting of a mix of different sized accounts. Within these Business Units there are a range of teams from buying (marketplace), implementation planning (connect) and planning. This reorganisation has helped to improve service to clients by becoming more agile and integrated, made it easier for everyone to do their jobs and has given people more opportunity to learn different skills and grow their career. This role sits in Business Unit 7, headed up by one of the Managing Partners, Mark Wallace.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report. MediaCom also won Agency of the Year at the Media Week Awards 2018.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en