Global Investment Executive
MediaCom International - Global Investment Executive
The Global Investment Executive will be part of one of the client teams within the Global Investment department. On a day-to-day basis they will report to two Global Investment Managers, but ultimately report to the Global Director and Group Client Head. Key responsibilities will include:
- Tracking year-on-year media buying performance savings and efficiencies vs. targets using our proprietary tools across all media (emphasis on TV and Digital) and a variety of markets for a number of clients.
- Working with and mentoring local markets to ensure they understand our commitments, buying measurement methodology and the savings calculation process.
- Taking delivery responsibility for several markets, building up a comprehensive knowledge of how media is traded in each country and liaising with local colleagues to understand specific factors affecting their ability to meet the delivery target;
- Developing knowledge of how media buying and performance tracking works and the various methodologies used to track and quantify savings delivery;
- Multi market key media performance data collection, cleansing and assimilation;
- Generating ad hoc reports and regular reporting documents, including market intelligence development project and media market health assessment;
- From time to time, contributing to new business projects.
The successful candidate will work on the following pieces of client business: Shell (60%), Ryanair (15%), Tesco (15%), Tempur Sealy (10%).
Essential skills, knowledge and Experience
We are looking for a graduate candidate who has (or shortly will possess) a first-class or 2:1 degree in a business/economics or an analytical field, who is inquisitive, has a strong eye for detail and accuracy, likes working with data and numbers, has an analytical and problem solving approach with a strong work ethic and a thirst for developing in to a global media investment professional. It is essential that the candidate has an international/global business outlook. Modern languages are particularly welcomed.
Other key attributes we are looking for are:
- Strong numerical skills;
- Comfortable dealing with large data sets;
- Proactive and a self-starter;
- Patience, resilience and the ability to get the job done;
- Possess strong Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- A strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organisation and time management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- An interest in working globally across international markets;
- Appreciates and recognises cultural sensitivities and adopts their approach accordingly.
About the Global Investment Management Team
This team has three core objectives:
- Managing client media buying cost efficiency deliveries and incentive schemes across the MediaCom client portfolio; these can take the form of year-on-year media cost savings targets, targets vs. an auditor pool, vs. pricing commitments and/or quality targets.
- Disseminating trading best practices within the network and supporting local trading operations in their roll-out. As the dedicated Global Investment team at MediaCom, we provide support to our network colleagues in other markets.
- Leading the buying and pricing elements of international and multi-local pitches. We ensure that we are proposing advantageous and competitive rates. MediaCom Worldwide are seeking to expand its current team and to manage a series of new and current assignments, where our clients require a centralised measurement of media buying performance.
People First, Better Results
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led MediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont and Shell.