Associate Director - Centrica
Overview of job – Associate Director, Centrica UK
We are looking for passionate, smart Associate Director to be part of an exciting new agency team model for Centrica, working on the UK business across British Gas & Hive Connected Home brands.
British Gas joined MediaCom because of a shared vision in world class communications and since our appointment have begun moving to a combined agency model including Media, Creative, PR, Data & CRM agency partners in order to build a team from the best people in the industry to work in partnership with our clients. This is a huge opportunity to be part of an industry changing dynamic that make a genuine difference through communications, joining the team now will give the person who takes this role a real opportunity to be part of driving that change.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong knowledge of experience in planning, ideally across response and brand campaigns
- Credibility and good communication skills when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of planning across various industries, and being able to draw upon this whilst finding new and innovative ways to solve client briefs
- Strong organisational skills, enjoying being at the centre of client work and ensuring a strong and timely response to clients.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Director, Grace Raymond, and has a close relationship with the Managing Partner of the business unit, as well as key members of the agency C-suite due to the high profile of the account.
3 best things about the job:
- Working in a truly collaborative model with great opportunities for learning across communications disciplines.
- The size of the accounts, marketing budgets available, and the fast-paced nature of their markets means that this role will offer an unprecedented amount of variation and inspiration for the right person
- Working in an enthusiastic, driven, sociable and empathetic team
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Oversee the team and planning product, ensuring we continue to produce the best work.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal & Centrica agency partner teams & clients.
In six months, you would have:
- Set the conditions for the team with clear goals, objectives, and development plan.
- Build strong relationships across the agency including key departments such as MediaCom Beyond Advertising (MBA) and Real World Insight (RWI)
- Embed a strong planning culture in your team – brilliant planners who proud off the work they do, with clear goals, objectives and development plan, and a great relationship with other MediaCom depts
In 12 months, you would have:
- Increase revenue and profitability through active contribution to the commercial targets set for your business group
- Deliver award shortlisted work which contributes to the growth of the client’s business.
- Showed development & growth of direct report team members.
Above all, we are looking for people with the right values. Team players with a positive mindset who want to create amazing work.
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en