Between 8.00am to 6.30pm (Rota Shifts)
25 day’s Holiday
Overview of job
We are looking for a dynamic Receptionist within Theobalds Road and Red Lion Square. The successful applicant will work alongside a team of 5 Receptionists and report into the Head Receptionist. The role is a varied and busy role which requires strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
This role reports to the Head Receptionist
3 best things about the job:
- Working within a vibrant, inspiring agency with people who naturally encourage the best in you.
- Working within a focused and friendly team that deliver a 5-star Reception Service
- Being the face of the company and delivering a seamless service
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Greet visitors in a 5-star manner
- Ensure staff are aware their guests have arrived
- Working knowledge of the meeting room booking system & switchboard
- Brief Ground Floor Security on any large groups arriving for meetings
- Work effectively on the admin week with regards to catering requests
- To be able professionally liaise with catering, facilities, and head receptionist
In six months, you would have:
- Liaise with the Head Receptionist /IT should there be any faulty presentation equipment
- Liaise with Head Receptionist/IT should any presentation equipment need to be re-sited
- Liaise daily with catering and facilities or any changes to meeting room bookings
- Ensure Taxi bookings are accurate and inputted corrected and liaise with whoever necessary to ensure smooth collection of passengers
- Have full knowledge of all procedures and be able to perform these effectively
- Full training on ARC and Condeco and be using these programmes to their full capacity
- Assist in organising any promotions on reception (i.e. papers, magazines, displays etc)
- To occasionally work overtime at short notice if we are short staffed
- Work alongside building security and facilities
- Ensure reception is left in a tidy state at the end of each day
- Liaise with Ground Floor Building Reception and Security to solve any issues that may arise
- To keep the reception tidy and replenishing refreshments and vacuuming the carpet if required
- General upkeep, ensuring the reception is a safe environment
In 12 months, you would have:
- Know the names of all the PA’s/EA’s within the agency and have complete knowledge of the like and dislikes of the C-Suite, Senior Management, Director’s, and Clients
- Be confident in decision making across every area in the Reception role
Key Skills for the Role
· Flexibility and 'can do' attitude
· A high level of professionalism
· Administrative and working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
· A high degree of attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
· The ability to demonstrate great team work
· Creative thinking
· To make Reception a 5-star client experience and to be a trusted port of call for those who work here or have meetings here
· Work in a safe manner in line with Health and Safety, so as not to endanger other employees or members of the public
· Dress code: As a representative of the company dress code and appearance of all staff on reception is important to ensure a professional image is maintained
· To ensure at all times the reception area is maintained to a high standard and the desk area kept clear of debris with all paperwork filed away.
· Time keeping is of the essence in this important role!
· Excellent written and verbal English
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en