Associate Director - B2B Clients
Mediacom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis, and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We’re looking for a highly skilled digital professional for a role working on the following B2B brands: Dassault Systeme (30%) and Dun & Bradstreet (70%).
The primary function of the Associate Director is to ensure that an effective service is delivered to the client. This will include defining the strategic direction of client campaigns, coordinating internal teams, planning, and buying media activity and analysing campaigns to inform future activity.
We want to find someone with strong digital experience and lead generation knowledge. These kind of activities play an increasingly large part of our solutions for these clients. We need someone who is experienced and confident in recommending these as part of an integrated strategy. As this is a centralised budget, the role will involve managing Pan-Regional media owners and overseeing global media partnerships, so strong B2B International experience would be highly beneficial.
It is essential that you bring creditability to this role both in terms of technical knowledge, strong interpersonal abilities e.g. communication abilities and operational skills e.g. resource and work-flow management. You should motivate and inspire confidence with both your team and your customer stakeholders. This role involves a good understanding of B2B marketing principles. The candidate would need to show strong experience with how the media market operates in general, with a proactive attitude to exploring new opportunities that our clients can take advantage of. It will also require an ability to be highly motivated, numerate, and articulate, both when speaking to clients, writing documents and analysing results.
Strong team and client management/communication skills are key.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
Planning, Analysis, and Insight
• Taking briefs from clients and working with the BD determine the required strategic approach.
• Working with the Manager to conduct research and interpret data to apply strategic insights and help define a central planning approach.
• Translate this in to a media strategy, rationale, and plan to present back to client.
• Working with the manager to develop media vendor briefs
• Share and apply best practice and learning across markets
• Understand and implement the 20:20 Mediacom planning process.
• Effectively manage stakeholder relationships by ensuring expectations are well managed and relationships are fostered.
• Act as business adviser to the client clarifying reporting/data requirements and requests to ensure accurate and meaningful reports and insights are provided which are directly linked to agreed campaign KPI’s.
• Ensure compliance with any client defined service level agreements and performance standards.
• Attend key client meetings/calls, as required.
• Take accountability for sharing key customer information across the team and with other teams as appropriate.
• Ensure relevant business knowledge is deployed, shared, and retained within the team and shared across the wider function where relevant.
• Be enthusiastic and have knowledge on new & emerging opportunities. Provide critical & informed points of view on the application of these
• Remain up to date with market trends to advise customer of future strategy.
• Understand the market and customer demographics.
• Manage, train and develop a Senior Planner/ Buyer, and support them in the development of a Planner/Buyer and Account Executive
• Ensure that the Senior Planner/ Buyer takes control and ownership of select day-to-day account tasks
• Be comfortable with coordinating work between countries and liaising with counterparts in local markets
• Reporting into your BD line manager frequently and proactively.
• Sharing priority task lists on a weekly basis.
Quality Assurance & Finance
• Comply with all internal processes around quality assurance, ensuring all client facing information is proofed prior to submission.
• Reconcile all media costs against PO and deal with any financial concerns.
• Contribute constructively to the identification and improvement of central processes which could deliver higher-performance.
• Act with initiative, contribute to the definition of new processes and support the rollout and implementation e.g. training of the team in such processes.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Client: Help own and drive client relationship, serving and exceeding client expectations in the delivery of central strategic guidelines and campaign management.
• People: Manage/co-manage a team of planning and execution specialists and be considered a successful and respected collaborator with these team members
• Personal development: Positive My360 feedback from manager, peers, and clients (where appropriate)