Junior Web Analyst
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
About the role
Mediacom North is looking for a Junior Web Analyst to join our rapidly expanding UK Google Practise team. If you are passionate about data, keeping up to date with new technologies and have a good eye for detail, then this is the role for you.
You will be a key member of our Analytics team, helping consult with clients to implement and optimise their digital performance through their analytics platform, with a focus on integration within the wider digital media environment.
Being comfortable looking at data and understanding trends whilst being inquisitive to understand the “why” behind the activity that we run for our clients. Likes the challenge of achieving better results and improving things, with a driven attitude to working towards goals and achieving them.
The role will require excellent communication skills as you will be required to build and manage relationships with our clients and internal investment teams.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to become part of one of the most innovative and progressive media agencies in the world! You’ll have opportunities to gain exposure to our tech, our amazing internal teams and our industry-leading clients and the chance to build your career & your future the way you want it!
About the person we’re looking for
Are you a graduate with a marketing/numerical/computer sciences degree or similar looking to start a career in Data and Analytics? If so, our Junior Web Analyst (based at Mediacom North’s Head Office, Spinningfields) could be the right fit for you?
- Excellent MS Excel, numerical ability and attention to detail (Programming Language skills would be a plus too.)
- Strong ability to multi task, prioritise and manage projects.
- Strong ability to develop relationships with a range of professionals.
- Feed insights and findings into internal teams team improve analysis for clients.
- Ability to consistently work thoroughly and accurately, with an eye for detail
- Be confident in making recommendations to clients
- An enthusiasm to support our people and our clients with innovative web analytics solutions
- Have the ability to prioritise and manage multiple client projects.
Skills & Behaviours
- Support your team in the delivery of Mediacom best practice analytics config and management including e.g.:
- Account Audits
- Implementation of tracking and events set up
- Reporting (Google Data Studio/Excel)
- Escalate account issues appropriately.
- Liaise with your team to understand client needs and challenges. Work with your team to understand where there are pressures and identify solutions you can take to relieve these.
- Provide a support role to the wider department where required
- Communicate performance updates to planning teams and clients.
- Be aware of available tools and learn how to use them effectively.
Key criteria applicants must meet:
- A basic knowledge of Google Analytics
- Have a proactive attitude, shows an enthusiasm for data and Analytics and a desire to learn.
- Be results-driven and commercially aware
- Able to demonstrate personal time management skills and confident prioritising workloads.
- Shows confidence when communicating (particularly technical details).
- If you have the skills and experience for this challenging and exciting role, we would like to hear from you!
If you have the skills and experience for this challenging and exciting role, we would like to hear from you!
We offer flexible working with a mix of both office and home working!
Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.