Junior Content Creator
Junior Content Creator
The Marketing and New Business team is integral to the growth of our business. As such, it is fast-paced, challenging and offers people the chance to experience all facets of MediaCom.
It is our responsibility to manage the new business process effectively, as well as to market MediaCom to clients, prospects, journalists and the wider industry, whilst also overseeing internal communications to MediaCom London employees. It is our role to promote MediaCom as the thought leader in the media industry through a distinct and/or differentiated point of view.
The objective of the role is to support the Senior Content Creator in the production of all new business and marketing video content.
The ideal candidate should have strong skills in specifically Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects but also in other Adobe applications such as Photoshop. They will also be highly proficient as a camera operator and self-shooter. Photography skills would also be welcomed.
Who does the role report into?
This role reports to Senior Content Creator.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- The team is lively, hard-working, warm, welcoming and fun.
- The team is a fast paced, exciting part of the agency where you work on the biggest client briefs, with the best people in the agency, doing industry-leading work. This is the perfect place for anyone who is excited about a career in media.
- Marketing goes hand in hand with New Business as we grow the business by reinforcing our position as industry leaders through events, awards, thought leadership, and digital/social content.
- Create exciting and engaging content for MediaCom’s Social channels.
- Create videos for new business pitches and award entries.
- Film and edit talking-head pieces across New Business and Marketing.
- Generate content ideas for employee branding.
- Film and edit talks, presentations, social and training events within the agency for our YouTube channel.
- Capture our unique culture and create brilliant content from all the exciting happenings going on within the agency.
- Offer input into creative meetings and sharing ideas.
- Provide realistic estimated timing required to complete projects.
- Understand and work within brand and corporate guidelines where relevant.
- Collaborate, share and re-apply creative work from other MediaCom studios.
- Become a brand ambassador for MediaCom and understand and promote our company culture.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
What are the measures of success?
- You can be trusted by various stakeholders to develop high quality video content, whether that’s within new business or marketing
- You are a successful communicator with all stakeholders
- You can work collaboratively with others successfully
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Established working relationships with key departments and stakeholders around the company to ensure a visible profile
- Have very good knowledge of all the video equipment to hand
- Created high quality video content for marketing and new business
What will you need?
The most important attributes we are recruiting this role on are energy, attitude and values.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ambition and drive to succeed
- Takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task
- Great communications skills
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*