Lead Consultant - Data Analytics
Lead Consultant - Data Analytics
Overview of role
We’re looking for a Lead Consultant to join The Entertainment Division (TED) business unit as part of the ‘Data Practice’ team in London, working predominantly on Centrica, eBay, PlayStation and adidas.
A unique role in the industry, the Lead consultant will play a vital role in providing a connected view of the audience through a wide set of data sources and analyses. This role is the lynch pin of the planning team providing all the key and up to date audience insights tailored to each client and brief. They will triangulate and synthesise data across multiple data sources and platforms to unearth relevant insights and nuggets of information. This will be overlaid with a media/planning lens for each brand. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new growing team with the objective of making TED clients industry leading in data and analytics!
Centrica joined MediaCom because of a shared vision in world class communications, and since our appointment have been moving to a combined agency model including Media, Creative, PR, Data & CRM agency partners to build a team from the best people in the industry to work in partnership with our clients. Centrica are 12 months into their data transformation journey, so it is an exciting time to be joining the team, helping them to become more advanced by utilising their 1st party data to garner new insights on customers that will inform planning and lead to performance growth.
As well as working on Centrica, you will also work with the Data Strategy Director to develop the data work happening on our other clients and be pivotal in spotting new opportunities and areas for growth for these clients.
Reporting of the role
You will report into the Data & Tech Strategy Director within TED, as well as being part of the wider Data Practice community across MediaCom.
3 best things about the job
- The people – you’ll work in a high performing, creative and ambitious team of +50 digital experts with a range of backgrounds, skill sets and experiences to learn from.
- The work – you’ll do industry leading work, helping TED clients see the bigger picture through the integration and synthesis of a number of different data sources, and make MediaComs ambition to ‘make decisions powered by data’ at all stages a reality.
- Your development – being in such a high-profile team and exciting future-facing data and analytics division (the ‘Data Practice’) will support your career development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from multi-disciplinary experts along with the most senior members of the agency, whilst working on high profile campaigns.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Working alongside existing infrastructure to analyse trading dashboards across web Analytics (Adobe & GA) and performance data (Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.)
- Working closely with investment, e-commerce and operations teams to help categorise and organise TED client’s vast media spend.
In six months, you would have:
- Capturing insights that provide a connected view from performance of creative, media, audience, categories, or competitors.
- Build a close working relationship with the with client teams strategists, planners, and digital experts within TED.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Harnessed a clear view of campaign success driven by a consistent measurement framework and methodologies used across the teams.
- Be part of the data driven culture within TED, pushing through your own thoughts and opinions!
Responsibilities of the role
- Planning: Accelerate client’s use of insight across planning and execution to inform media briefs.
- Evaluation: Evaluate client’s analytics across their paid media performance and website analytics to drive insights across branding & direct response campaigns.
- Measurement: Maintain a consistent measurement framework with clear KPIs and methodologies across multiple teams.
- Presentations: The ability to problem solve analytical challenges across the team and presenting confidently back to clients or the agency with insights & recommendations.
- Operation Excellence: Direct the use of taxonomies across Mediacom teams to maximise automation across reporting suites for paid media and analytics.
What you will need
- Highly analytical with the skill set to synthesise several data sets to deliver relevant observations and insights.
- Data analyst experience who has collated and manipulated data sets across multiple sources using tools such as Big Query, Data Studio, and Tableau.
- Statistical query language experience (e.g SQL, rPython, etc) advantageous but not essential
- Ability to manage workloads across multiple workstreams throughout clients’ business.
- An understanding of the media landscape, in particular addressable and digital media.
- Base knowledge of market research techniques and methodologies.
- Understanding of industry trends, how they are evolving and what this means for data, analytics, and measurement.
- Self-starter with an eagerness to learn new skills and make new connections!
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*