Digital Planner Buyer (GMS)
Digital Planner Buyer
Overview of role
We’re looking for a driven and quick-thinking Digital Planner Buyer to work on some of the most exciting parts of our client’s business. The candidate should already have a base knowledge of the UK digital landscape and have experience in planning / buying digital media as well as activating paid social campaigns.
Our Planner Buyers work closely with media owners and third-party platforms for campaign management, optimisation and reporting. Working with the Senior Planner Buyer, you will be responsible for activating our campaigns within the platforms, analysing performance, and leading on all reporting.
Reporting of the role
You will report into the Digital Manager.
3 best things about the job
- The expectation, support and tools to deliver best in class digital work across the biggest account in the UK.
- Working with the best talent in the industry, both internally at MediaCom and externally at Sky.
- Opportunity to drive performance across one of our clients most important product areas.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Mastered the basics of the Sky account and the ways of working.
- Ensured an understanding of the competitor landscape.
- Taken ownership of our reporting processes.
- Fed into response to brief presentations.
- Got involved in quarterly & campaign planning, decided partner spends / phasing.
- Become confident at activating our Social activity.
In six months, you would have:
- Contributed to and supported on client calls.
- Started to take more ownership for briefs and recommendations.
- Developed a strong relationship with our more junior clients. Be their go to person for anything digital.
- Delivered brilliant work to the client.
What you will need
- Some experience working in a media agency, within a Paid Social/ Display function
- Desire to drive performance and improve efficiencies.
- Understanding of digital principles, paid social, partnerships, mobile, data and analytics.
- Strong knowledge of the programmatic and paid social landscape as it relates to various channels including display, video and experiential.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in multiple technology platforms: DSPs/Social Ads Managers, verification tools, viewability, analytics, attribution modelling and ad serving.
- Proven competency in data analysis, trafficking and Microsoft Excel.
- Problem solving and solutions focused mind-set.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar.
- A positive and passionate approach that motivates the team around you.
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently.
- Drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to train others and encourage knowledge sharing.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ culture. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*