MediaCom – Planner on the Direct Line Group Team (BU1)
Overview of job
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the DLG Team as a Planner. The role gives you the chance to work across an award-winning selection of brands, whilst gaining experience in delivering a wide range of media campaigns at a consistently high level. On top of this, will be part of a strong team who always strive to deliver forward-thinking media planning and effective communications.
As well as the DLG Brands - Direct Line, Churchill, Green Flag & Direct Line for Business you will also have the opportunity to work on Gumtree and Motors.co.uk
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Planning Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- You get to work on one of Mediacom’s biggest accounts.
- It’s an enjoyable account to work on as the brand has a keen focus on testing new opportunities and has been won many industry awards.
- You’ll work with a friendly and ambitious team that prides itself on an inclusive culture.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Gained a demonstrable understanding of each of the markets.
- Taken a lead on client reporting.
- Assisted with research that feeds into client presentations.
In six months, you would have:
- Developed into a key member of the team, regularly contributing to status calls & client presentations.
- Participated in at least one stretch session and volunteered for planning initiatives in BU1.
- Assisted the team in client financing.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Built a strong relationship with the client and become a trusted strategic partner
- Demonstrated you can deliver strong actionable insights for your clients, based on consumer and competitor analysis and championing ‘method planning’ in the team
- Presented a piece of work to the client
Responsibilities of the role:
The Planner role forms a key part of the account structure, providing support to the manager & account director, as well as helping in managing and grow our execs on rotation in the team.
An essential part of the role is assisting with preparation for client meetings, campaign responses, day to day management of the account (including budgets and our data dashboards).
The candidate will be expected to develop an understanding of the competitor landscape and the insurance market as a whole, and in turn use that knowledge to help with insights into the solutions we provide to the client. They will take personal responsibility for developing planning skills based on the “What makes a great planner?” guidelines and start to develop their managerial skills.
What you will need:
- Experience in an Exec / Planner role at a media agency or similar.
- Problem solving skills and a desire to find a “better way”.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for media and keenness to learn and develop
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage expectations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to participate in initiatives across the wider team and Business Group.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong command of powerpoint and excel
- Experience using Tableau/other data visualisation tools.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en