Associate Director - New Business
Associate Director – Business Development
Overview of job
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Associate Director to take a leadership role in our Business Development team working alongside an existing, experienced Associate Director. The team is the heartbeat of our agency and integral to the growth of our business. As such, it is fast paced, challenging and offers people the chance to experience all facets of MediaCom. This role is responsible for the effective management of our largest pitches, overseeing Specialist Department pitches and leaning in to Client Growth opportunities whilst also overseeing the career development of a brilliant direct report and contributing to the overall team personality.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Andrew Davison, Managing Partner – Head of Business Development
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to make a significant impact at the UK’s leading media agency
- Work closely with some of the smartest and most influential people in UK media
- Our team is the heartbeat of the agency – and the most exciting place to work!
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Led at least 1 new business pitch
- Built a network of senior stakeholders across the agency
In six months, you would have:
- Led at least 3 new business pitches
- Helped to build the MediaCom narrative working with specialist departments and leaders
- Worked with the Business Groups to help deliver client growth conversations
In 12 months, you would have:
- Led at least 5 new business pitches
- Identified, engaged, and converted at least 1 new business prospect
Responsibilities of the role:
- Play an instrumental part in making our Business Development team the best in the UK
- Lead new business pitches – often multiple at once – with confidence
- Develop and implement a prospecting strategy and plan for MediaCom UK
- Work with our specialist department heads (Real World Insight, Business Science, MBA) to design a compelling narrative for each area
- Work with our regional offices to ensure the consistent sharing and reapplying of best practice in new business and marketing
- Manage the development of one direct report, fostering enthusiastic spirit and ensuring personal growth plan is in place and on track
What you will need:
- New Business, Marketing, and/or Media Agency experience
- A point of view on the work – what stands out? What isn’t good enough?
- Excellent project management, making sure deadlines are clearly communicated and met
- An unflappable will to win and a proactive nature to match
- Approachable, helpful, and easy to work with – earn the respect of your peers
- Inspirational manager, team motivator & player
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom drives growth for our clients by leveraging their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Lloyds, PSA, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development. MediaCom was recently named Global Agency of Year for the second year running at the M&M Global Awards.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en