EMX | SEO Content Associate Director
Title: SEO Content Associate Director
About the role
EssenceMediacomX is seeking an SEO content lead with 4+ years’ experience in defining and managing content strategies from an organic lens. As SEO Content Associate Director you will lead the content strategy of our main client, a world-renowned beauty and cosmetics brand, offering the chance to work across its 19 sub-brands currently serviced by the team. You will also be in charge of developing our content offering and supporting the wider team with other high-profile clients and new business pitches.
You will sit within the Organic Performance team, which helps clients to improve performance and user experience across their digital assets via organic channels like SEO, content optimisation and CRO. The team is composed of 11 experts specialized in a range of disciplines, some of whom have been in the team for almost 10 years. With such an experienced team working with you day to day, you will receive plenty of opportunities to learn and upskill yourself outside of your direct remit. We are an open, friendly team who will encourage you to grow, develop your skills and progress your career.
You will be accountable for ensuring that client teams deliver improvements across all content aspects of site optimisation. The team will look to you to be a thought-leader who openly shares this knowledge. You will be responsible for setting and refining content best practices throughout the team, ensuring that all accounts are following these in their SEO strategy. You will also need to develop robust content strategies for existing and new clients, communicating effectively with a variety of stakeholders, both within Essence and client-side, to improve SEO performance. Furthermore you will play a key role in ensuring there is effective integration between SEO content activities and other marketing channels.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Coordinate all content SEO activities of client teams to ensure high quality delivery standards
- Upskill the team, being a source of knowledge and advice as the content lead
- Expand our content SEO product to match the everchanging search industry
- Take part to SEO leadership initiatives to expand SEO offering, team goals and scope
- Actively participate in pitches to win new clients and diversify the agency portfolio
- Source and maintain relationships with third-party suppliers in the content field
- Work with the Head of Organic to set and manage content budgets
A bit about yourself:
- Extensive knowledge of content SEO & content marketing - 4+ years experience in digital media agency or in-house
- Thorough knowledge of SEO and the role of content within this
- Experience using the most common research and intelligence search tools (Keyword Planner, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, SemRush, Ahrefs, etc.)
- A creative mind with vast experience in content ideation and production
- Experience managing outreach campaigns
- Excellent management skills, including delegation, planning & time management
- Strategic and leadership skills
- Experience working with leaders of SEO and other channels
- Attention to detail is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - including presentation
- Experience in design or copywriting is a bonus
EssenceMediacom is GroupM’s newest and largest agency, committed to delivering marketing breakthroughs for brands. It has disrupted the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics to find new opportunities for advertisers and deliver truly integrated media solutions.
Borne out of two pioneering agencies, EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our ‘breakthrough’ ambition is underpinned by our commitment to ‘continuous learning’. We aim to ensure our people fulfil their potential by investing their whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, which in turn helps grow our clients’ businesses.
EssenceMediacom, with 10,000 people across 120 offices in 96 markets, is one of the world’s leading communications specialists, with billings of more than US$21 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2021). Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Google, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony and Uber.
What you can expect from EssenceMediacom
EssenceMediacom’s is employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an EssenceMediacom employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.EssenceMediacom is an exciting place to work, offering a number of benefits to employees, such as a great healthcare plan, subsidised gym memberships, in-office massages, as well as an active social committee with regular events planned throughout the year. We are invested in the development of our employees, and offer a wide range of training courses to help enhance your learning.