Biddable Manager - MediaCom Edinburgh
We are looking for an up-and-coming biddable media professional with experience of planning, buying and optimising paid media for both brand awareness and performance.
The role is two-fold, firstly to drive an effective biddable strategy across both Paid Social (Facebook, Snap, TikTok, etc.) and Paid Search (PPC) for our clients and secondly to provide channel expertise across our wider activation team.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into the Head of Digital, MediaCom Edinburgh
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- The opportunity to work closely with the Head of Digital to take your career to the next level
- Ability to connect with colleagues in MediaCom’s specialist Google Practice and Social Practice, driving true collaboration across the UK offices
- Provide you with the opportunity to drive experience in your specialism at the same time as gaining a knowledge of the wider media market
What are the measures of success?
- You are established as a key Social and PPC expert within the agency and a conduit to the wider Paid Social and PPC team within the network ensuring successful client campaigns and driving success.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Be responsible for managing a six figure PPC account, aiding colleagues in understanding PPC an Paid Social upskilling colleagues and clients across the entire client portfolio
- Development of paid social/search strategy (PPC)
- Working collaboratively with other media channels to build audiences and targeting approach based on insights
- Trusted specialist advisor to day-to-day clients and a ‘go to’ internal specialist for paid social/search.
- Driving innovation and positively provoking the client to undertake new opportunities and testing
- Helping to drive process automation through adoption of technology (Google Search Ads 360), scripts and efficient ways of working.
- Forecasting and delivery across media, with focus on meeting client KPIs and performance targets.
- Oversight of best practice for paid social/search implementation, optimisation and tactics.
- Collaborative on client reviews of biddable activation – BAU, campaign specific and channel planning
- Helping to manage day to day relationships with vendors including Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Snap, tech providers and GroupM media activation solutions.
- Responsibility for the QA process across media activation, minimizing error and risk and ensuring consistent and accurate adherence to process.
- Support on approach to and delivery of client reporting of media performance, ensuring timely, insightful, performance focused analysis and actionable insights.
- Reactive workflow management in line with changing business/client priorities.
- Responsible for developing a test and learn road map that demonstrates continual performance improvement and evolution of media buying.
- Active role across activation management workstreams and projects including new business support.
- Proven experience in paid social and/or paid search
- Working knowledge of best practices within social/search
- Strategic understanding of how biddable media can be leveraged to drive business growth
- Strong technical/operational ability in social/search.
- Even though this role primarily hands-on experience and activation-based, communication skills are important.
- Ability to set appropriate performance centric KPIs and evaluate activity against these and understand the role of secondary KPIs and how they support media activation.
- Working knowledge of all key tracking (CAPI, CM360, etc.) solutions.
- All academic backgrounds are welcomed – qualifications in maths, data, media are of interest.
- Professional digital media/advertising qualifications will be of an advantage.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ culture. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com