EMX | AV, Account Manager
AV, Account Manager L'Oreal
EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
EssenceMediacomX sits within the legacy Essence building on Oxford Street. We still have all our wonderful essentials looking after our amazing clients! Our clients include many exciting brands such as Google, ITV, Airbnb, BT/EE, NBCUniversal and L’Oréal to name a few.
About the team
The Media Activation team is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Search, Social, Display, and Video, owning supplier relationships, and then executing those recommendations expertly. The Media Activation team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximized.
About the role
The Media Activation Account Manager is responsible for the planning and buying of AV campaigns (TV, VOD and Cinema) on a client account. They have a good understanding of the AV marketplace, and will work with the Account Director to ensure that campaigns are fit for purpose, deliverable and innovative. They will manage a small team with a focus on exceptional campaign buying, delivering plans to the extremely high standards expected and work closely with the Account Director to plan campaigns.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Oversee and quality assure all deliverables produced by junior team members, particularly ensuring the high quality delivery of campaigns, and accurate and insightful post campaign reporting and learnings.
- Being able to look at the bigger picture when buying – across multiple campaigns - and problem solve accordingly.
- Take primary responsibility for campaign performance against intended buying outcomes and delivering campaigns in line with plan.
- Establish strong working relationships with key internal teams and clients, as well as media owners
- Have a good understanding of the TV marketplace and media owner offerings in this space and an enthusiasm to learn even more
- Utilise your knowledge when pulling together plans for the client and responding to RTBs; making sure to ask all the right questions to get to the core of the brief and translating this successfully into AV strategy
- Confidently present to key stakeholders on both client or agency side, whether a Response to Brief, PCA, or induction
- Set the standard and line manage a direct report, supporting a wider team with career development and Essential satisfaction
- Be confident in training the team, upskilling more junior team members and sharing your AV knowledge
Competencies (specific knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Proven experience in TV, either at Senior Executive level, or approx. 3 years experience
- Ideally, management experience of at least 1 team member
- Expertise in industry standard tools (TechEdge, DEN and other Media Ocean applications)
- Strong skills in all basic Office programmes (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong public speaking skills and excellent written ability
- Excellent organizational skills, close attention to detail and ability to quality control work
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and project manage multiple campaigns.
- Proven problem solving and ability to think outside the box for creative solutions
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate in a team environment.
- Direct line management of at least 1 team member, with additional oversight of a wider team
- Inspire and motivate a team, leading by example while coaching juniors
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to drive team development and work improvement
- Foster excellent working relationships across the internal team to facilitate smooth processes and successful collaboration.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the team.
- Understand when to escalate issues to senior team members