Digital Account Director
DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR – CHASE BANK
Overview of role
It’s a fantastic time to join our growing business unit as we have just onboarded a fast-growing digital bank. The business has huge ambition to take on the traditional banks and disrupt the fintech neo-banks by offering a more rewarding banking experience. With an innovative offering and seamless CX, a growing portfolio of new features and products, this brand has the best of both: a challenger mindset, backed by heritage and global scale.
The role will be working directly with both the brand and growth teams, developing campaign moments that cut through a to establish the brand as a leader within the category. Our brief is to create big TTL ideas, driving digital excellence across the brand via social, programmatic and display channels. Our aim is to be a leader in digital growth and to drive brand uplift as well as efficient and business-growing performance.
The Account Director position is the perfect role for a bright, enthusiastic and personable character. The successful candidate will lead with the day to day management of the account and clients, lead on response recommendations and manage a high performing team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Senior Digital Account Director
3 best things about the job
- A massive advertising budget and the expectation to do innovative, award winning work. Creativity, new ideas and new ways of thinking are expected.
- You will be working in the biggest team within the agency which provides a very sociable and collaborative culture and provides constant learning opportunities and exposure to senior leadership teams.
- Working in the finance category makes for interesting, thought provoking and meaningful briefs with huge variety. This is a highly unique opportunity to challenge one of the most established categories and leverage a huge international brand as they enter the UK market.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Built visibility and trust with multiple stakeholders – both internally and externally. They will see you as a reliable and trusted digital advisor who heads up a proficient team.
- The ability to plan, execute and deliver well-thought-out strategies across Entertainment which link with both digital and off-line channels.
- Identified opportunities for development in more junior members of the team and ensured people have access to the right training/ opportunities.
- Have contributed to the commercial success of Chase Bank's business via commercial targets.
In six months, you would have:
- Become the trusted contact for senior stakeholders at Chase Bank (Product Leads and above) and have built rapport through regular face time with man marked contacts.
- Delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight.
- Leading in commercial calls, senior client calls, measurement calls – being present in multiple workstreams that impact the output of the team.
- Evolved our performance reporting and insights function to empower our team to find, highlight and act upon programmatic and social insights on an ongoing basis.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Consistently delivered brilliant work to the client and contributed to shifting (increasing) the client satisfaction scores across key clients you work with.
- Delivered improvements in ways of planning/ buying by proactively identifying opportunities, measurement frameworks and new to market ideas.
- Elevated the team to be the best digital specialist that they can be, and built a strong morale in the team that delivers regular exceptional work for Chase Bank.
Responsibilities of the role
- The ability to delegate to more junior members of the team.
- Working with your Senior Account Director and Director to develop and progress those that you line manage.
- Quality control of output from the team.
- Lead the team in pulling together PCAs and QBRs and strategic work.
- Develop strong relationships with clients. Be their go to person for anything digital.
- Ensure an understanding of the client’s business and competitor landscape.
- Response to brief presentations and strategic tissue and implementation sessions.
- Work on proposals based on media owner ideas/solutions.
- Re-working proposals based on client or planner feedback/tweaks to brief.
- Maintain strong relationships with media owners.
What you will need
- Experience working within media and/or a Paid Social/ Display function.
- Desire to drive performance and improve efficiencies.
- Understanding of digital principles, paid social, partnerships, mobile, data and analytics.
- Strategic mindset and be confident to build strategic responses from scratch.
- Strong knowledge of the programmatic and paid social landscape as it relates to various channels including display, video and experiential.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in multiple technology platforms: DSPs/Social Ads Managers, verification tools, viewability, analytics, attribution modelling and ad serving.
- Proven competency in data analysis, trafficking and Microsoft Excel.
- Problem solving and solutions focused mind-set.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar.
- A positive and passionate approach that motivates the team around you.
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently.
- Drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to train others and encourage knowledge sharing.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*