Associate Director - WBA
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – WBA
Overview of role
We are looking for an Associate Director to join the No7 Beauty Company & Boots Brand and Exclusives (BBE) Comms Planning team on WBA. Working across all brands under the No7 Beauty Company umbrella (including No7, Liz Earle and Soap & Glory), as well as BBE, this role will play an integral part on the account to deliver innovative campaigns across all media channels. You will be responsible for driving forward cross-channel planning principles, acting as a key coordinator across the account and ensuring the team understand the importance of their audience insight, source of growth and first-party data in supporting Boots’ business objectives. Given WBA’s vision around ‘Mass Personalisation at Scale’, there is an increased focus on digital-first planning which will provide a brilliant basis to upskill across all digital channels and aid development of both brand and performance planning skillsets.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Planning Director on the No7 Beauty Company & BBE Comms Planning team.
3 best things about the job
- The work and business understanding – you’ll will be working with clients who WPP is an extension of their marketing team
- Your development – we’ll support your learning and development ambitions
- The people – you’ll work in a very supportive, ambitious and fun team
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Driven the pace for the team’s day-to-day output and performance to drive business results. This includes setting the strategic and business direction – a north star – and inspire and drive the WPP teams to develop new ways of working, responses and products which deliver on a performance and business (sales) point of view.
- Established yourself as senior point of contact for best-in-class strategic planning and implementation.
- Established yourself as key figure in the team, acting as an invaluable support to your clients, line manager, Managing Partner and the wider team
- Helped drive a strong understanding of the culture and values of the WBA/WPP Partnership and MediaCom.
- Supported the team in their work and presented best-in-class responses to brief to the clients, becoming a go-to person for them.
Responsibilities of the role
- Demonstrate proactive leadership and ownership of the relationship with the clients and the WPP teams
- Main Comms Planning point of contact for the client – a trusted strategic partner and opinionated expert on their business challenges, their marketplace and industry issues
- Lead the development, presentation and delivery of top-quality planning work – working alongside the WPP team to deliver consistency in terms of service and output
- Demonstrate knowledge of the commercial levers and profitability of our products to drive incremental and sustainable growth for our business. Ensure we are fully integrated within channels, MediaCom and GroupM for all things including technology, approach, access to specialists and effectiveness measures for the overall purpose of delivering best-in-class and fit-for-purpose solutions for the client
- Help lead and develop the team to embrace and demonstrate the culture and values of the WBA/WPP Partnership and MediaCom
- Ensure the team understand the importance of their work in supporting the client’s business and driving the wider agency output, and that they are proud of the work they do
- Make sure the team adhere to the work and finance sign-off process defined by the leadership team and working alongside the client to ensure this process is seamless and continuously improving, based on overcoming any potential blockers
What you will need
- Solution focused mindset
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc.
- An ability to prioritise and delegate, as well as manage both upwards and downwards
- Empathetic and self-aware
- Motivated to understand the real issue behind the brief
- Positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Calm under pressure
- Accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions
- Enjoy presenting, storytelling and influencing others
- Data & Content literate - able to simplify the potentially complicated into a clear opportunity
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ culture. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*