Digital Manager (GMS)
Overview of role
We’re looking for a driven and quick-thinking Digital Manager to work on one of the most important and exciting parts of Sky’s business – Sky ACQ (TV & Broadband). The candidate should already have an excellent knowledge of the UK digital landscape and have experience in planning / buying digital media across both DR and Brand, although the role will be focused predominantly on performance. Our performance campaigns are ‘Always On’ and heavily focused on driving efficiency through programmatic activity, so experience in DR is vital.
As a Digital Manager on Sky, you will be responsible for the operational delivery of the team’s output (campaign management, optimisation, reporting, brief responses, and testing frameworks etc.), for leading platform adoption & upskilling within the team across Programmatic (DV360, Xandr, Quantcast, Amazon) and Paid Social (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snap TikTok), for the consultation of our clients in-house programmatic strategy, and ultimately overseeing the end to end account management of client business.
This is a huge opportunity for a performance-minded, Programmatic & Social specialist, as you will be managing some of the trading activity for one of biggest clients in the UK.
Reporting of the role
You will report into the Digital Associate Director.
3 best things about the job
- The expectation, support and tools to deliver best in class digital work across the biggest account in the UK.
- Working with the best talent in the industry, both internally at MediaCom and externally at Sky.
- Opportunity to take the lead on three of the most dynamic business areas of Sky.
Measures of success
- You will be the lead client contact and be responsible for delivering best in class performance across both digital and offline channels to meet both brand and DR KPI’s.
- You will be responsible for managing optimisation of budget, channels, tactics and creative when a campaign is in flight to ensure we deliver vs. our objectives for any given brief.
- You will understand the performance at both a macro and micro level to ensure recommendations to client are based on sound data and can lead to quantifiable change.
- You will lead a team of experts to help define best practice, automate processes, and deliver the right insights for your clients.
- You will be responsible for a high-quality output in terms of the operations to ensure timely delivery, zero errors and correct data capture on our campaigns.
- You will manage billing and financial processes to ensure payment from clients.
Responsibilities of the role
- Championed existing and pioneered new processes to ensure output and project management across products is executed efficiently and consistently
- Delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight
- Built strong relationships with your team, nurturing their growth and development, reviewing and re-setting KPIs as required
- Evolved our performance reporting and insights function to empower our team to find, highlight and act upon programmatic insights on an ongoing basis.
What you will need
The role requires a highly motivated, self-starting, and self-critical individual to drive a best-in-class service and practice for Sky. It requires paramount leadership skills to effectively consult and support successful client engagements in a challenging landscape of multiple stakeholders.
- Solid experience working in a media agency.
- Advanced understanding of digital principles, paid social, mobile, data and analytics
- Strong knowledge of the programmatic and paid social landscape as it relates to various channels including display, video and experiential.
- Strong knowledge of multiple technology platforms: DSPs/Social Ads Managers, verification tools, viewability, analytics, attribution modelling and ad serving.
- Proven competency in data analysis, trafficking and Microsoft Excel.
- Problem solving and solutions focused mind-set.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar.
- Experience of managing and mentoring a team.
- A positive and passionate approach that motivates the team around you.
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently.
- Drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to train others and encourage knowledge sharing.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ culture. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*