Planner/Buyer - Vauxhall, PSA
Digital Planner Buyer
Overview of the job
The Digital Planner Buyer uses the industry and media specific insight tools, investment and media owner knowledge to build and implement digital media plans. Digital Planners need to have strong media owner relationships, as well as the ability to deliver a connected implementational media plan.
You should be developing your understanding of all digital channels to allow you to become a 360 digital planner, covering all digital channels. You will be responsible for creating the display plan and owning the overall digital plan working with the digital specialists (search, social, affiliates etc.) to deliver this integrated and holistic digital solution for clients.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong working relationships internally with your equivalents in Planning for your clients
- Understand how your new role fits into the team
- Started to build strong relationships with your day to day clients, working closely with the team Senior Planner/ Manager
- Been delivering brilliant basics in digital implementational planning and implementation;
- Contributing to weekly campaign reporting calls and PCAs, assess and comment on the performance of our campaigns and recommend improvements to drive efficiencies
- Be able to plan and execute a campaign for the client, including liaising with multiple stakeholders – media owners, clients, creative agency, internal teams and others; taken responsibility on such campaigns
In six months, you would have:
- Developed a point of view on our plans’ performance and be able to make recommendations for improving YOY results
- Built strong relationships with media owners, be keeping up to date with the latest developments from these media owners for your key clients
- Gained a thorough understanding of our financial processes and taken a lead in resolving any PIQs and queries on the account. Ensuring best practise is used on all campaigns.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Been working closely with the Senior Planner Buyer/ Manager on the day to day digital output across all departments in MediaCom for your clients, taking ownership of this on some clients
- Been developing your understanding of all digital channels to allow you to become a 360 digital planner
- Developed strong commercial acumen and an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, that translate in the way you execute digital strategy and campaigns
Responsibilities of the role
- Ensure that you are delivering brilliant basics in digital implementation planning
- Develop relationships with day to day clients and internally with other departments
- Meetings and conference calls with Planners and clients
- Own Digital briefs and work with the Digital Manager and Senior Planner Buyer to deliver/ coordinate flawless executional plans; including working on proposals based on media owner ideas / solutions
- Understanding the role of all digital channels within your plans
- Response to brief presentations
- Develop a good understanding of the clients’ businesses and competitive set
- Take responsibility for the campaigns’ performance & optimisation, including managing regular campaign reporting status with clients, preparing and coordinating ad-hoc reports, PCAs etc.
- Work closely with Ops and Tech to ensure campaign set up is in line with implementational response
- Work closely with the Senior Planner Buyer/ Manager on the day to day digital output for your clients
- Build and maintain key relationships with priority and preferred media owners/ technology partners