Business Director - Vauxhall - 12 Month FTC
MediaCom – Business Director, Vauxhall
Overview of job
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and experienced Business Director to lead the Vauxhall team at MediaCom.
Vauxhall is a new account to MediaCom with huge opportunities to develop exciting and innovative campaigns in the future. Having recently been acquired by PSA, Opel Vauxhall are going through a time of rapid change and re-positioning which puts us in a unique position to develop our fresh relationship as agency partners. This is an opportunity for someone to come on a journey with the brand as we move into exciting new territories, with a new drive from a new ownership.
This is a senior role within MediaCom, with responsibility for leading the team from top to bottom – from strategic planning through to execution. It comes with clear autonomy and offers the opportunity to make a significant difference within the UK’s leading agency. As a Business Director, this role also offers a place on the agency’s board of directors.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Richard Friar, Managing Partner.
3 best things about the job
- The opportunity to lead a high-profile client who is rapidly transforming their business, in a category that is hugely exciting.
- The opportunity to lead and shape the careers of a large and brilliantly talented cross-functional team.
- The opportunity to join the MediaCom board of directors, and become actively involved in shaping the future of the UK’s best media agency.
Measures of Success
In three months, you would have:
- Gained a deep understanding of Vauxhall’s business needs
- Gained the trust of key client contacts
- Built a network within MediaCom, Vauxhall and across our agency partners
In six months, you would have:
- Established a vision for how you will lead the Vauxhall team
- Developed a Client Growth Plan for Vauxhall, which has Exco approval
- Developed Personal Growth Plans for all immediate team members/direct reports
In 12 months, you would have:
- Led a full annual planning cycle for Vauxhall
- Led a new business pitch for MediaCom
- Expanded your client portfolio
Responsibilities of the role
You will be the overall agency lead on the account, responsible for directing a high-performing team across all MediaCom functions. You will have complete commercial autonomy, from the management of resource to owning the vision for how we drive commercial growth that is mutually beneficial. You will be the critical contact for clients and ultimately responsible for the health of our relationship with them. You will have very close relationships with the Marketing Director and Head of Media, as well as a solid working relationship with the Group Managing Director.
The job entails:
- Leading the end-to-end delivery of Vauxhall across all MediaCom functions
- Leading the strategy for how Vauxhall best uses media as a growth lever
- Owning the vision and plan for how we grow Vauxhall as a client
- Inspiring, motivating, and developing a highly talented cross functional team
- Acting as an authority in Automotive, within MediaCom and beyond
- Actively participating in board level projects focused on agency development
Your manager will be Richard Friar, Managing Partner and head of the business group in which Vauxhall and the wider PSA sits. You will also be expected to build strong relationships with senior sponsors Satin Reid (MD London) and Ian Rotherham (PSA Group Global Lead). The opportunity to work with such senior stakeholders is a massive opportunity to learn from some of the best people working in the media industry today.
What you will need
A fully rounded media knowledge is essential. Vauxhall are a fast-moving business and require someone with a strong media knowledge who can think on their feet. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in all conversations from the role of creative in channel, to discussing the merits of different programmatic suppliers.
Automotive experience is an advantage. A passion to learn quickly is essential.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
- A thorough knowledge of all media and communication opportunities
- Strong strategic thinker across all communications channels
- A confident presenter to clients of all levels, and audiences of all sizes
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Effective communication, delegation, and management
- A desire to make things happen quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills – key liaison point between key stakeholders
- Experience of management of a team
- Desirable – automotive experience
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en