MediaCom – Commercial Accountant
Overview of job
The Commercial Accountant will be responsible for revenue financial planning and reporting for a portfolio of clients, providing financial support to senior stakeholders and the wider business.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Senior Commercial Accountants
3 best things about the job:
- Commercially focused role with the opportunity to add value into the business by working with non finance stakeholders on aspects such as client profitability.
- Highly autonomous with responsibility of controlling the P&L and balance sheet from a revenue perspective.
- Opportunities to improve processes and participate on various ad hoc projects with senior finance team.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Gained an understanding of the portfolio of clients under your remit
- A clear picture on the multiple revenue streams within MediaCom
In six months, you would have:
- Developed relationships with stakeholders across the agency
- Taken control of a wide set of MediaCom clients and other non-client revenue streams
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become the go-to person in the team for your specialist areas
Responsibilities of the role:
• Responsible for producing management accounts and submitting P&L and balance sheet for relevant business areas under WPP deadlines with meaningful commentary and KPI analysis. Managing P&L and balance sheet for relevant business areas.
• Responsible for producing robust forecasts and budgets adhering to WPP deadlines, building relationships with the wider business in order to analyse any movement in revenue and changes in revenue structure.
• Acting as business partner, with the support of the CMAs, to the wider business through gaining full understanding of relevant client contracts and through various financial analysis such as providing client profitability and direct cost analysis.
• To manage the billing and income recognition process, having tight control on accrued income and resolving any billing queries with finance plus.
• Working with Directors on commercial compliance and internal and external audits – SOX, client and year end audits to maintain best practice.
• To work with the Client Finance Analyst team on improving net working capital position through providing support on debtors and unbilled.
• To help with year end statutory reporting.
• To support ad-hoc projects to add value to the business when required
• To assist in client audits within the agency.
What you will need:
• Ability of solid communication with senior stakeholders and non finance stakeholders – ability of translating financial information successfully to the business
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a large team, also in conjunction with wider finance team to manage WIP and networking capital
• Understanding of the media and communications industry is preferable
• Understanding core financial concepts such as reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and income recognition
• CIMA/ACCA/ACA part-qualified
• The ability to understand commercial contracts and the importance of commercial compliance
• Strong presentation skills
• Adhering to strict deadlines
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en