Analytics Associate Director
Analytics Associate Director, Connected Execution
Overview of role
Working within the Connected Execution (our Global Digital Media hub) team, you will be responsible for leading our Global Analytics function. The Analytics function enables the automation of reporting and builds new measurement methodologies to predict and analyse digital media performance.
In this role you will be responsible for managing a team of 6+ developer and business intelligence experts. You will be a critical support for driving the strategy and product of the team in collaboration with the Head of Data Solutions.
The analytics function sits in a wider Data Solutions team which also encompass Insight, Automation and Ad Ops. Our mission is to put the power of data in our people’s hands, enable effective decision making and drive best in class digital paid media performance.
In this role you will also work closely with our internal Paid Social, Programmatic, Paid Search and client teams. Additionally, you will be a key client escalation point across our high priority accounts.
Some of our key clients include Adidas, Mars, Sony, Shell, Uber and Bucherer.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Global Data Solutions.
3 best things about the job
- Opportunity to shape the future of Mediacom’s Data Solution product
- Friendly, supportive culture in a team of digital and coding experts
- Growth and acceleration prospects
Measures of success
In three months, you will:
- Meet the team, our key clients and relevant stakeholders
- Understand our ambitions for now, 2022 and beyond
- Learn how the day-to-day operations work and support the team with delivery of work on assigned accounts
In six months, you will:
- Work with client teams to build client development plans across our top tier clients
- Build a plan of how to make day-to-day ways of working more efficient
- Drive forward our upskilling and training roadmaps for your analytics team members
In 12 months, you will:
- Work with the Head of Data Solutions to build a strategic roadmap for how to develop the analytics product
- Be involved with pitching for new business
- Perform an analysis into the technology and tools the team use and provide a recommendation of which ones we should be using long term
Responsibilities of the role
- Manage analytics team workflow
- Be responsible for team upskilling and development
- Own the day-to-day client relationships across our top clients
- Act as a point of escalation across smaller clients
- Help shape and grow the analytics product
- Tell the story about how the work we do adds value to a client’s business
- Optimise which platforms and tools we use to host/manage our Data Solutions
- Develop strategic POVs and thought pieces to help grow the profile of your team
What you will need
Client Account Management
- Experience working with senior stakeholders (Director level +) internally and externally
- Ability to communicate effectively, sell new ideas tell stories with data and simplify technical concepts for non-technical audiences
- Line management experience
- Understanding of workflow management tools such as Wrike
- Previous experience of building process documents and how to guides
- Able to translate concepts and ideas into thought leadership pieces
- Pitch team experience
- Previous experience working with an agency environment
Operating and Technical Skills
- Strong user SQL and Python
- Experience of extracting data to Cloud solutions using AdVerity or similar platforms
- Strong knowledge of paid digital marketing channels such as Paid Search, Paid Social and Programmatic
- Experience of using data visualisation tools such as Tableau
- Knowledge of how to setup and manage Cloud data storage solutions such as Microsoft Azure
- Built reporting solutions previously
- Experience of coding in R
- Knowledge of how to build ML models and AI algorithms
- Strong understanding of statistics
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ culture. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*