Global Measurement Director
Global Measurement Director - Sony PlayStation
EXTERNAL CANDIDATE BRIEF
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
About Mediacom Global PlayStation Data & Analytics Team
Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, MindShare and Wavemaker.
The Mediacom Global PlayStation Data & Analytics team serves the Global Sony PlayStation Analytics team with consultancy, services and products that all aim to derive learnings, efficiencies and decisions from data.
The Role & Objectives
This is a newly created role, reporting to the Global Data and Analytics Lead.
The successful Measurement Director will:
- Become a trusted advisor to the Sony PlayStation client and account team on all matters data & technology in the context of strategic media principles.
- Set and govern the global standards for data quality, test and learn frameworks and holistic measurement to ensure that analytical insights are applied to media plans and campaigns at key decisioning phases.
- Take a solutions-focused, innovative approach to deliver incremental measurement capabilities that are faster, futureproof in the cookieless world, and globally scalable.
From experience of operating within the fragmented and ever-evolving world of digital advertising, Mediacom knows that data specialists’ backgrounds and technical skillsets vary. The right candidate will have self-belief that enables them to evangelise their unique strengths and acknowledge their weaknesses, filling in the gaps with learning and adept collaboration. You will be able to “speak data” to unskilled audiences and will influence stakeholders by illuminating the possibilities their data can unlock rather than dazzling with jargon.
- Setting the global standards for data creation and governance processes including taxonomy, web analytics tracking parameters and data QA, and reinforce them by owning documentation and training programmes.
- Consulting on - and bringing media perspective to – client-side analytics initiatives including measurement framework changes and “clean room” outputs and adding value by and addressing barriers to adoption or actionability of findings
- Supporting the PlayStation client’s dashboarding efforts through ongoing provision of data source access, troubleshooting data, and feeding into the roadmap for future features and inputs.
- Leading the Test & Learn workstreams to derive valuable insight from media spending via the Test & Learn agenda, setting guidelines for test setup and analysis to raise the bar on the quality and impact of learning outcomes.
- Collaborating with the Global Audience Director workstreams on to enhance, futureproof or better leverage audience-level segmentation and targeting.
- Monitoring changes to the AdTech landscape that may encompass privacy, measurement or new capabilities, and use your platform on the Global team to provide clients and Mediacom team members with actionable, solutions-focused information that’s easy to understand.
Skills and qualities
- Experience working in agency, client or vendor-side reporting, analytics, reporting or insight functions.
- Solid understanding of the strategic principles of media such as branding and performance, and the challenges inherent to mapping digital KPI’s to their business objectives.
- Experience of leading large projects across teams and geographies, and of managing multiple teams and stakeholders using a clear roadmap
- Experience of navigating a long-term working relationship and measurement strategy with key stakeholders.
- An eye for workarounds and processes to make repeatable tasks more efficient and can roll up your sleeves and dive into the details of the data where required.
- Adept at getting under the skin of client’s business needs/objectives to translate these challenges into practical strategies.
This role offers the chance to:
- Partner with the Sony PlayStation Global Analytics team at a critical juncture of growth.
- Have an impact beyond client work, by delivering competitive advantage for Mediacom.
- Play a part in deriving insights that fuel excellent digital campaigns and have a real influence on the global client’s marketing strategies.
- Deliver recommendations that have a tangible impact on sales and performance.
- Collaborate with channel specialists to build invaluable cross-channel knowledge.
- Become a trusted expert that clients turn to with challenging questions.
- Be a visible and persuasive point of contact for clients.
- Work with a fun and passionate team and be exposed to opportunities for business travel (when it is safe to do so).
- Gain access to the wider Mediacom and GroupM network for opportunities to relocate cross-markets and cross-functions if desired as your career evolves.