The GDS team provides global data solutions to our business and Clients. We build new products for Clients, implement existing products for Clients, process digitisation and automation and continually develop our existing products to ensure they are providing a great service for the business. Our work ranges from optimising a small scale ETL process to save time for our internal Client teams to large scale strategic platform implementations and direct pitches to Clients. Our current strategic tools provide competitive monitoring, bespoke global media planning, media optimisation that primarily focuses on TV buying optimisation and the global digital dashboards.
Your role will be analysing data and building global digital dashboards in order to provide insights to our global Clients with a focus on story-telling and visualisation. You have great visualisation skills making data easy to read, understand, interpret and action. You excel at analysing data, problem solving, understanding complex data challenges and you will enjoy working with our Database Developers/BI Engineers to solve these challenges and create data models. You are a natural communicator and will work with a range of technology and business stakeholders to analyse and visualise the data. You love being part of a team and enjoy working collaboratively with other Data Visualisation Analysts, Database Developers, Client interface/Project delivery and technology colleagues.
The Role Objective
- Work with our project managers and Client teams to understand business requirements.
- Analyse and assess business requirements including the scope of work, required data, required visualisations and functionality and any possible challenges.
- Work with our Database Developers/BI Engineers to understand data challenges and translate business and Client data visualisation requirements into data models.
- Create visualisations which meet and exceed our Clients’ expectations using multiple BI tools (primarily Power BI and Tableau or other BI software, etc.) ensuring they are visually engaging and accurate.
- Maintain dashboards through the visualisation tools, including implementing changes and escalating issues to technical teams and project stakeholders.
- Communicate often and clearly with other members of the team and business stakeholder to determine and refine requirements, deliver great visuals and to effectively manage expectations.
- Transform some elements of our data from a wide variety of sources (from fully automated cloud repositories to spreadsheets). On occasion you will also extract data from different sources.
- Deep-dive analysis on complex data sets and solve data challenges.
- Explain data, visualisations, their meaning and application to the technical and non-technical business users.
- Work with Client teams to answer enquiries, train staff on new dashboards and features and be a specialist point of contact.
- Be a point of contact for dashboard issues and for managing user access.
- Improve and contribute to data quality processes (including data quality automation) and documentation.
- Work with the Client teams to promote adoption and best practice within the visualisation tools.
- Work hand in hand with your colleagues in the Client interface/Project delivery and Tech areas (located in US, China & the UK) to establish and champion best practice for all elements of BI tools development, implementation and maintenance. Push the product roadmap keeping us at the forefront of BI products development.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Highly developed spreadsheet skills and expertise in one or more of the following: Power BI, Datorama, Tableau, QlikView or other BI skills.
- Excellence in visualisation, UX & UI.
- A love of data, data analytics and data visualisation.
- The ability to understand our Client's business in order to propose appropriate solutions to data analytics and data visualisation challenges.
- Familiarity with database modelling and data warehousing principles.
- Experience of having used querying languages such as Data Analysis Xpressions, SQL.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Proven track record of delivering high quality outcomes under time constraints
- An understanding of Digital advertising and data. Ideally you have worked in the media industry.
- A love of learning and an interest in sharing your knowledge and skills with others.
- Great analytical and problem-solving ability.
- The ability to propose new solutions to old problems.