Designer (3 month contract)
Overview of role
We are looking for a multiskilled designer, visual artist, and video editor on a 3-month fixed-term contract to undertake various design tasks including, PowerPoint design, mock-ups for creative pitches and simple editing of case study videos.
This role will sit within Creative Systems, our creative and partnerships team. Our London-based department is the biggest in the network, with a long heritage of award-winning work in areas such as ad-funded TV shows, experiential, social content, influencer marketing, addressable advertising as well as brand and media partnerships. Our clients include Sky, Coca-Cola, Adidas, Hasbro, Lloyds Banking Group, Tesco, PlayStation and Direct Line Group amongst many others.
Reporting of the role
You will report into the Creative Director and Senior Creative.
3 best things about the job
- For the right candidate, this will be a hugely rewarding and varied role, with the opportunity to use your design and Photoshop skills across many different projects.
- Creative Systems, the team you’ll work in, is a real focal point for MediaCom, with a diverse set of brilliantly talented, driven, but very friendly people.
- MediaCom has the best client list in London. You’ll be working on projects for the pick of the brands we work for.
Responsibilities of the role
Critical tasks will include:
- Mocking-up / visualising ideas across all media (inc. OOH special builds, AV formats, experiential, influencer concepts etc) – usually sourcing stock imagery and adapting in Photoshop.
- Designing PowerPoint documents – especially our creds decks and responses-to-briefs
- Video editing (preferably with knowledge of Premier and/or After Effects)
What you will need
- Excellent Adobe Creative Cloud skills – especially Photoshop.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*