Audience & Insights Manager
Audience Insight Manager - Tesco
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
We’re looking for an Audience & Insight Manager to join the Tesco Group account working in the Customer first team which is a dedicated data & insights team specifically for Tesco.
Tesco is Britain’s largest retailer turning over £50+ billion each year and operates in the fast-paced grocery sector – as well as in telecoms, banking and clothing – and has come to the forefront during the Coronavirus epidemic. Tesco’s ambition is to ensure that they maximise the learnings of the first party data to refine audience targeting and deliver relevant communication to the right people across multiple channels.
The role of the Audience & Insight Manager will be to support Tesco not only in utilising 1st party data to build & maintain relevant audiences for Tesco’s campaigns but also to unearth insights that deliver key audience behaviours that help Tesco to plan & buy to better outcomes.
You will collaborate with agency and Tesco stakeholders to translate, create and manage bespoke audience solutions for use in addressable media, primarily using the Amobee platform. They will ensure data used in developing audiences considers the client’s campaign objectives and measurement KPIs. They will ensure that the use of audiences is orchestrated effectively across all Tesco campaigns, and that the resulting audience executions perform optimally through a process of continuous iteration and improvement.
Furthermore, you will provide a holistic view of the audience through a wide set of data sources and analyses incl. first party data & curated research tools. This role is the lynch pin of the planning team providing all the key and up to date audience insights tailored to each brief. They will triangulate and synthesise data across multiple data sources and platforms to unearth relevant insights and nuggets of information. This will be overlaid with a media/planning lens for the brands as well as the category.
What we think are 3 best things about the job…
- The people – you’ll work in a high performing, creative and ambitious team with a range of backgrounds, skills and experiences to learn from.
- The work – you’ll do industry leading work, help Tesco see the bigger picture through the integration and synthesis of several different data sources, and make their ambition to ‘make decisions powered by data’ a reality.
- Your development – being in such a high-profile team and exciting future-facing data and analytics division will support your career development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from a multi-disciplinary set of experts along with the most senior members of the agency whilst working on high profile campaigns & industry leading tools.
Who are you?
- Analytical thinker with experience of synthesising and being creative with several different data sets to deliver relevant observations and insights
- Someone who likes data with the ability to cross-examine 1st and 3rd party data sets as well as primary research or statistical analysis via a variety of platforms including but not limited to Telmar, DMPs, DSPs, web analytic platforms (if no direct experience, eagerness and openness to learn is fine!)
- A base knowledge of market research techniques and methodologies
- An understanding of the media landscape & cultural trends, how they are evolving and what this means for our audiences, brands and categories
- Project management type experience in order to manage insight projects and ensure measurement processes are adhered to across the business unit
- Experience in identifying data and insights needs from a client media brief
- Application of industry & technical knowledge of different data types and sources with an appreciation of their strengths and weaknesses. For example: an understanding of the online advertising industry, trends and technologies. Relevant programmatic knowledge and how to use different platforms and technologies to drive client success. Technical savviness, both a deep understanding of Tesco’s own audience technology plus the wider audience technology landscape.
What we can offer you.
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday (increases with length of service)
- Life assurance
- Permanent health insurance
- WPP share options scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Free eyecare vouchers and money off glasses
- Extensive training and development
- Corporate gym memberships
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free travel loan
- Free breakfast (cereal and fruit)
- Smart shopper (online discount on a variety of products)
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediaCom London*