Global Product Strategy Director
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
The Global Product Strategy Director will be responsible for ensuring that across the MediaCom organisation, products are conceptualized, built and scaled are done so in a way that is structured and client centric.
Other strategic tasks will entail actively gathering existing and emerging client requirements, informing our product building pipeline, ensuring that our product collateral and marketing materials are consistent and of high quality, circulating and promoting these materials internally and maintaining an up-to-date, comprehensive database of these key products for internal and external (new business) use.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Frequently gathering client requirements and use cases to maintain a product development pipeline
- Working closely with specialist stakeholders to initiate alpha / beta development of new products to meet new use cases and inform roadmap of existing products for future refinement
- Providing leadership when it comes to crafting the client and internal facing narrative supporting each product, ensuring that it is clear, accessible, distinctive and maximizes the chance of conversion
- Owning the writing of case studies of the use of our products by clients, further helping support sales development
- Supporting in setting up product-centric sharing sessions with the wider organization to promote and scale the use of our products
- Maintaining a database of our existing and upcoming product descriptors and materials, ensuring that the Product Hub remains up to date
- Initially support, and then drive the flexible planning process vision being delivered through an updated version of the system
- Do all of the above in open and close collaboration with the organization’s other product leaders within Systems Tech, other specialist teams and the core product team
- In specific instances, front in front of clients or prospects the demo of relevant products and solutions
- All our key tools and products have pitch-level quality collateral ready to be used in new business and client development efforts, accessible to all through hubs and databases
- MediaCom has an active pipeline of client requirements and new ideas ready to be tapped into as part of their innovation / R&D efforts
- A close collaborative approach is effectively deployed across the product, tech and specialist communities
- This role is seen by the organization’s leadership as an agile supporter of our product ambition