AV Account Manager
AV Account Manager (TED)
Overview of role
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We are the only agency to simultaneously hold the title of Agency Network of the Year across all 5 of the industry’s biggest awards, whilst recently being named Campaign’s Media Agency of the Decade.
We are looking for a diligent senior planner buyer with at least two years of TV buying experience and has knowledge across other AV channels such as Online Video, Addressable TV, OOH TV, Cinema and Radio, so they are equipped to work on some of the UK’s biggest and most forward-thinking advertisers – Paddy Power, Betfair, PlayStation and JD Sports.
Reporting of the role
This role reports directly into the AV Account Director on the account and to Senior Account Director, along with reporting into relevant Trading Heads regarding value management, quality and channel coordination.
3 best things about the job
- MediaCom’s strength has always been our people. This team really reflects that. We’re a tight team working to deliver great data-led work to our clients
- A widely varied client base makes for a great place to grow your career as it gives everyone in the team a real breadth of experience
- An extremely supportive and encouraging leadership team that puts their team’s development first
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Built a strong working relationship with the other AV Planning and Investment Account Directors and Directors within the group. This will be key – you will be pivotal in creating the right environment for all our planner-buyers to develop, grow and create great work
- Built strong working relationships with all key stakeholders internally and externally – this includes key client contacts, Comms Planners and Investment Leads within our Business Unit
- Gained a good understanding of the client businesses which you will oversee
- Overseen the delivery of all AV plans and responses on time and without errors
- Have a solid grasp of all the commercial aspects of your role (clients’ businesses and ours)
In six months, you would have:
- Implemented a robust test and learn framework for relevant clients in the group to show how our AV planning and buying is pushing their businesses forward (beyond just media metrics)
- Started to demonstrate to your clients an improvement in key business performance metrics
In 12 months, you would have:
- Delivered stable or improving client referral scores on all your client businesses
- Nurtured a happy and motivated team of AV specialist who have a vision for how their careers can grow
- Delivered demonstrable revenue growth within your group of clients
Responsibilities of the role
- Day to day management of planning and buying for key clients
- Leadership of junior team member and their output and career development
- Day to day client facing lead – ability to present and deliver AV plans in meetings and get buy in from clients.
- Delivering key client audit guarantees
What you will need
- Multi-media understanding and 360 AV knowledge (all channels)
- Knowledge of industry media planning tools (all media e.g. Techedge, BARB, Media Ocean, TGI, NRS, Comscore, Rajar, Postar)
- Implementational knowledge of multi media planning tools (TGI, Media Multiplier, Touchpoints)
- Pro-actively forge relationships with media owners
- Commercially aware
- Ability to extract and filter relevant insights / research to support planning decisions
- Ability to tell compelling implementation stories (with the aim to interweave roles, flighting, weights, formats of different media and how they interrelate)
- Strong personal relationships
- Ability to sell (consultative selling)
- Good communicator
- Genuine interest in industry research and new ways of working
- Strives to deliver award winning work and industry leading innovation
- Understanding of brands and ability to understand and execute strategy
- Good leadership skills and talent management
- Excellent presentation skills
- Positive drive for innovation
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*