Operations Account Lead
Operations Account Lead
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
We are looking for an Operations Account Lead to join our energetic and growing Operations Team at EssenceMediacom UK. The Operations team are fully responsible for digital display campaign activation. Each member of our team can be thought of as a Project Manager liaising with many different internal teams and external media owners to ensure a campaign launches on time and delivers as per the client requirements.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to an Operations SAD or AD
3 best things about the job
- Ownership of Display, Social and PPC channels from booking to billing across a high profile and dynamic client portfolio.
- The team! Both the core team and the wider functions we work with are fantastic. It’s great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at MediaCom across all functions
- The opportunity to learn and develop – every day and every campaign is different!
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Be independently booking and reporting on all digital display & social campaigns for your client.
- Feel confident troubleshooting technical issues that may arise during campaign activation.
- Be working closely with internal teams and external media owners to get campaigns live.
In six months, you would have:
- Independently booked digital display, social & PPC campaigns
- Troubleshoot technical issues that may arise in campaign activation
- Forged strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Assisted manager with workload balancing and training for junior team members
In 12 months, you would have:
- Actively come up with ideas/solutions to make improvements to the client’s account
- Worked and contributed to team projects to make agency workflow more efficient
- An expert in integrations and all ad servers used in Ops
- Worked across multiple clients from different business units
Responsibilities of the role
- Coordinating the execution of digital display campaigns, from booking to reconciliation
- Collaborating with our Tech Team to ensure plans are implemented efficiently and on time
- Be the primary point of contact for Media Owners during the campaign activation phase, troubleshooting tag issues if they arise
- Campaign Managing multiple active campaigns at one time
- Compiling weekly reports and ensuring all Media Owners are delivering to expectations
- Proactively managing financial queries to resolution
- Communicating campaign status to wider account team, escalating issues as needed
- Working collaboratively with Business Group counterparts to find solutions
- Support Ops Team workload balancing and junior team members’ learning
What you will need
- Experience within an Operations or Account / Campaign Management function (ideally with knowledge of trafficking processes, including pixels and tags)
- Advanced use of Excel and capability to analyse complex data sets
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the ability to train others
- Process-driven with solutions focused mind-set and a customer-centric attitude
- Good at problem solving, with the ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Team player who motivates others and encourages close collaboration
- Strong accountability to meet deadlines and a perfect attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage workload in a highly pressured environment
- Adept at organisation, multi-tasking, time management, and project management
- Able to utilise a confident communication style to manage stakeholder expectations
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediaCom London*