Account Director - Planning and Management
Account Director - Manchester
Location: Based in the heart of Spinningfields, minutes away from central transport links so easily accessible from across the North West.
If you’ve ever bought a Coke with your name on it, seen Alan Carr hijack an ad break, or witnessed a man in heels perform an #epic strut – then you’ve probably seen our work. We’re surrounded by adverts and Mediacom is the reason behind why, where and when you see them. We’re so successful at what we do that 1 in 3 adverts that you see across any form of media is a Mediacom placed Advert, and the reason for this? Our People.
Objectives of the Role:
The Account Director’s role is to head up the day to day running of client business at a senior level. Primarily the role is to ensure strong strategic plans are developed and delivered for all your clients across off and online channels. This includes overseeing briefs, and implementing the strategic insights into the planning process. Requires strong business acumen, leadership, and communication skills, as well as a responsibility to protect, grow and generate new income streams for MediaCom. Senior clients should feel confident to call you on any aspect of their business.
3 best things about the job:
- The people – you’ll work in a very supportive and ambitious team
- The work – you’ll do industry leading, big brand, strategic planning
- Your development – we’ll support your learning and development ambitions
- Embed a strong planning culture in your team – brilliant planners who proud off the work they do, with clear goals, objectives and development plan, and a great relationship with other MediaCom depts
- Be an expert in Systems Planning & an advocate of the System
- Work with the leadership team to grow Planning at MediaCom (culture & product)
- Become the lead planning contact for clients, and become a trusted strategic partner
- Lead the Systems Planning process for all client projects, including Planning Sprint sessions
- Increase revenue and profitability through active contribution to the commercial targets set for your business group
- Ensure the account is in perfect financial health
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- An ability to prioritise and delegate, as well as manage both up and down
- Empathetic and self-aware
- Curiosity of mind - motivated to understand the real issue behind the brief
- Solid strategic thinker
- Positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Calm under pressure
- Accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions
- Enjoy presenting, story-telling, and influencing others
- Data & Content literate - able to simplify the potentially complicated into a clear opportunity
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk