Digital Manager - Sky
Overview of job
We’re looking for a quick thinking and versatile Digital Manager to work on two of the most important and exciting parts of Sky’s business – Sky Cinema and Sky Loyalty. The candidate should already have an excellent knowledge of the UK digital landscape and be well versed in planning / buying digital media across both DR and Brand. You should have strong communication and project management skills. You will also work closely with other media specialists to deliver an integrated plan, often taking the lead in developing the connected system using digital to link other media channels and understanding how other media plans fit in the system The Manager will be responsible for delivering best in class digital work as well as the output of a team of planners and execs.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Associate Director
3 best things about the job:
- The expectation, support and tools to deliver best in class digital work across the biggest account in the UK
- Working with the best talent in the industry, both internally at MediaCom and externally at Sky
- Opportunity to take the lead on two of the most dynamic business areas of Sky
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Built visibility and trust with multiple stakeholders – both internally and externally. They will see you as a reliable and trusted digital advisor.
- Showcased exceptional project management skills through the delivery of multiple campaigns
In six months, you would have:
- Championed existing and pioneered new processes to ensure output and project management across products is executed efficiently and consistently
- Delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight
- Built strong relationships with your team, nurturing their growth and development, reviewing and re-setting KPIs as required
In 12 months, you would have:
- Consistently delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight
- Delivered improvements in client satisfaction scores.
Responsibilities of the role:
- The ability to delegate, up and downwards, to coordinate between groups and departments and to be able to sell strategies, initiatives and ideas convincingly
- Provide regular feedback (both positive and negative) to the team on a regular basis.
- Set clear KPIs’ that focus on the individual’s key behaviours and areas for improvement.
- Flag up any serious performance issues immediately and seek help to manage them accordingly.
- Ensure that the team are working in a collaborative way with Market Place, Planning, MBA, Business Science, Consumer Insight etc.
- Quality control of output from the team
- Develop strong relationships with day to day clients. Be their go to person for anything digital
- Ensure that the team are delivering excellence in digital implementation planning
- Ensure we working closely with Marketplace to deliver clients’ buying targets
- Meetings and conference calls with Planners & Clients
- Taking part in stretch sessions
- Brilliant basics implementational planning
- Response to brief presentations
- Inductions to clients
- Selling ideas into Planning/ Clients
- Work on proposals based on media owner ideas/solutions
- Re-working proposals based on client or planner feedback/tweaks to brief
- Quality control
- Maintain strong relationships with media owners
What you will need:
The role requires a highly motivated, self-starting and self-critical individual to drive a best in class service and practice for Sky. It requires paramount leadership skills to effectively consult and support successful client engagements in a challenging landscape of multiple stakeholders.
- 4+ years’ experience working in a media agency
- Advanced understanding of digital principles, partnerships, mobile, data and analytics
- Strong knowledge of the programmatic landscape as it relates to various channels including display and video
- Strong knowledge of multiple technology platforms: DSPs, verification tools, viewability, analytics, attribution modelling and adserving
- Experience working with DMP ad tech to drive audience segmentation and reporting. Complete understanding of the full CRM process and how 1st party data is collected and used to fuel campaigns
- Ability to tell compelling implementation stories (with the aim to interweave roles, flighting, weights, formats of different media and how they interrelate)
- Proven offline understanding, training, and ability to build cross channel strategies
- Strong presentation and communication skills with excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar
- Experience of managing and mentoring a team
- A positive and passionate approach that motivates the team around you
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently
- Drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments
- Exceptional attention to detail
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en