Print & OOH Planner
OOH & Print Planner Buyer
Overview of role
We are looking for a diligent OOH & Print Planner/Buyer to work across Google. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Implementation, Investment and Communications Planning teams to deliver best in class recommendations, whilst ensuring the buying delivers against price and quality guarantees.
As part of the Implementation team, you will be a vital part of the system thinking at the agency, which leads our planning process. Understanding and developing digital transformation of media is fundamental to us delivering brilliant work for our clients and is behind much of our award-winning work. You will also work closely with planning specialists in other media to formulate connected responses, whilst applying a commercial filter to everything you do.
The work will be best in class, driving innovation and understanding how OOH & Print compliments and works alongside other media to deliver more successful media campaigns and ultimately drive better results.
Working on some of the biggest pieces of business at MediaCom, represents an incredible opportunity for an individual to shine and the nature of the work includes a wide range of brand building activity – this includes not only planning and buying across the breadth of OOH and Print channels but also fully integrated partnerships, understanding how traditional media and digital work together.
Reporting of the role
Due to the dual nature of this role you will report into two people;
- A planning manager, who is responsible for the client response to briefs. This role is to ensure that everything we recommend is founded in insight and yields the best result for the client.
- An investment manager, who is responsible for the delivery of campaigns, tracking and reporting of guarantees along side identifying and monetising commercial opportunities.
3 best things about the job
- The opportunity to work on a prestigious client which is at the forefront of media (both implementational and commercial).
- You will be part of an industry leading planning and buying team, with best in class implementation at its heart.
- You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialists in other media to ensure joined up thinking and develop additional skill sets, with an emphasis on how incorporate digital transformation in media.
Measures of success
- Responsibility and autonomy to deliver great campaigns from start to finish with minimal involvement from your manager or AD (planning and buying).
- Developed strong internal relationships by attending meetings.
- Have an understanding of other media and the role of Print/ OOH in the connected system.
- Working in a multi-media team to deliver connected responses and present back to the client.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3-6 months?
- A good understanding of Mediacom’s planning and buying tools and data points, with the ability to use them effectively, building rationale for responses.
- Developed an understanding of the Print/ OOH market and the mechanics that sit behind it.
- Built the foundation of planning and buying skills.
Responsibilities of the role
- Working within a full media team to deliver response to briefs.
- Buying Print campaigns with audit guarantees in mind.
- Campaign reporting and admin.
What you will need
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and curious individual.
- You should have experience of planning or buying media.
- We are looking for someone passionate about the opportunities that come from traditional media, data and technology.
- You should be eager to find insights to inform and back up their planning recommendations and proactively seek out learning opportunities to further develop their thinking.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*