Junior Data Scientist
Our data scientists responsible for maintaining return on investment and forecasting models for MediaCom’s clients, ensuring that these models run with correct data inputs and refreshing interactive dashboards. Data scientists also answer more ad hoc queries, building statistical and machine learning models and designing data visualisations to respond to queries from across MediaCom.
Initially, this role will focus on maintaining and running existing tools and models, before expanding with experience into model design and building interactive applications in R and Shiny software.
You will have an analytical mindset and a passion for solving problems. Experience with statistical modelling methods such as OLS regression is essential and ability to code in R is an advantage. Other programming languages such as Python are useful but MediaCom runs a predominantly R environment.
- Maintaining existing R models, refreshing with new data and ensuring robust output
- Building models and running statistical analyses to respond to ad-hoc queries
- Visualising datasets and model outputs for understanding by a non-technical audience
- Refreshing and designing interactive Tableau dashboards
- Working with MediaCom teams to customise report templates to individual client needs
- Progressing towards statistical model design and creating interactive applications in R and Shiny
- Undergraduate degree in a STEM or other statistically focussed subject such as Economics
- Experience with statistical modelling techniques such as OLS regression
- Logical, problem solving mindset
- Experience with machine learning techniques (e.g. random forest, gradient boosting)
- R or Python coding
- Experience of working in cloud computing environments
- Experience working with marketing and/or web analytics data