AV (TV) Media Planning Manager - Direct Line, DFS and Boots
This role is for an AV Planning Manager within a wider planning and buying team at MediaCom. The role centres around developing media responses focused around implementation. You will be working closely with the Communications Planning team who own the client relationship, develop audience insights and strategic planning work. The candidate will need to work with them to ensure the brief pulls through the pertinent insights that help create the platform for a brilliant response. The successful candidate will also work closely with the buying and commercial team at MediaCom ensuring that we are delivering against the commercial requirements for clients.
As part of the AV planning team, you will be a vital part of the “system thinking” at the agency, which leads our planning process. The candidate will need to understand this process and make sure that our responses follow the framework. Understanding and developing AV and the latest technologies is fundamental to us delivering brilliant work for our clients and is behind much of our award winning work. You will also work closely with planning specialists in other media (i.e. digital, publishing, outdoor) to formulate one ‘connected’ response to our client briefs.
Reporting of the role
The AV Manager will work across some of the biggest accounts in the agency including Direct Line, DFS and Boots. They will report immediately into the AV Associate Director.
Work produced will be “best in class”, driving innovation and understanding how AV compliments and works alongside other media to deliver more successful media campaigns and ultimately drive better results.
Working on some of the biggest pieces of business at MediaCom represents an incredible opportunity for an individual to shine, the nature of the work includes a wide range of brand building activity (planning across the breadth of AV channels but also fully integrated AV partnerships). There will be an emphasis on understanding how TV and digital work together, with the role offering a platform to work closely other specialists to develop award winning solutions with clear measurement and outcomes.
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on some of the biggest and most prestigious clients in the UK.
- The clients we work with are some of the most ambitious, daring and innovative- from seeking innovate and ground-breaking partnerships to new and smart use of data.
- You will be part of a wider AV planning team with best in class implementation at the heart whilst having the opportunity to work closely with specialists in all channels.
In 3-6 months, you would have:
- Developed strong AV, Radio, and Cinema planning skills to fit within the Mediacom framework.
- Settled into a multi-media team, delivering connected responses, presenting them back to the client.
- A good understanding of other media and the role of AV in the connected system.
- Formed a relationship with your direct team and earned their trust by demonstrating your knowledge.
- Responsibility and autonomy to deliver AV responses on your clients with minimal involvement from your Associate Director.
- A good understanding of Mediacom’s planning philosophy and be able to lead a fully connected response.
- Developed strong and trusted client relationships and attend external meetings without more senior presence.
- Developed strong internal relationships with a variety of departments within the agency- planning, investment, MBA, business science etc.
Responsibilities of the role
Among your daily responsibilities will be:
- General responsibilities: Managing a team’s development, ensuring that the team deliver ‘best in class’ planning, using planning tools to build rationale (TGI, NRS, Rajar, Comscore, BARB), planning campaigns in schematics, meetings, conference calls with planners & clients, selling ideas into planning/ clients, working on proposals based on media owner ideas/solutions, managing cross platform solutions after booking, making sure that planning feeds into wider commercial deals.
- Skills & behaviours: multi-media planning, strong commercial interest, an ability to extract and filter relevant insights/ research to support planning decisions, an ability to build strong internal and external relationships, a natural curiosity about people and communication, a desire to deliver award-winning work.
- We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic AV Manager who is willing to learn but also strive to deliver ‘best in class’ work for our clients.
- They must have experience in both planning and buying across TV and VOD (at least 4 years). Radio and Cinema planning would also benefit the candidate.
- We are looking for someone passionate about the new and ever-changing opportunities that come from AV, data and technology.
- Curiosity. They will be eager to find insights to inform and back up their planning recommendations and proactively seek out learning opportunities to further develop their thinking.
- Experience in managing a wider team (direct and indirect reports).
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommer employees to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en