International SEO Senior Planner
MediaCom Job description style guide
SEO International Senior Planner
Department / Team
SEO Manager/ Head of SEO
Overview of job
MediaCom requires a highly motivated, creative and technically aware SEO Senior planner to join our award winning and rapidly growing International SEO team. This is a unique opportunity for someone with the right skills and level of ambition to progress their career.
Not only will the successful candidate be delivering SEO campaigns for some of the largest brands and advertisers in the world, they’ll also have the opportunity to develop their knowledge of media planning, thanks to the close integration between Mediacom’s SEO team with other specialist departments within the company.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the SEO manager and work closely with the Head of SEO.
3 best things about the job:
- Adventurous and pioneering client who want succeed in search.
- The team!!!!! Both the immediate core team and the wider departments we work with are fantastic. It’s great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at MediaCom across all departments.
- Outstanding personal development, training and learning opportunities, such as online learning, incredible guest speakers and dedicated Google days hosted at our offices.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Strengthened your SEO skills, identifying and filling in gaps in your learning
- Delivered consistently high-quality work, and accurate insightful reporting
- Built strong relationships with your clients and peers, starting to lead day to day communications
In six months, you would have:
- Demonstrated confidence feeding into your projects’ SEO strategies
- Developed your knowledge and experience working with Media Planning, understanding how SEO works as part of a wider Media strategy and feeding into briefs
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become the trusted “go-to” person for the clients and internal teams with regards to SEO
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support SEO Account Managers and wider team by conducting and writing up:
- keyword research
- on-page optimisation advice
- technical audits
- competitor analysis
- link management activities
- Managing Content & Outreach strategy and execution with relevant team
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting using Google Analytics and other tools
- Oversee the performance of all SEO campaigns and ensure that key insights are incorporated into future activity (monitor and report KPIs and technical issues across all client’s websites)
- Monitor industry trends and updates and report back on insights to their Account Manager and the wider team
- Work delegation and contribution to junior team member’s management and training programme
- Regular contact with Planning teams ensuring a full understanding of Clients’ overall media strategy
What you will need:
- High standard of written and spoken English and preferably another EU language
- At least 3 years SEO experience, preferably Agency-side, working with UK & International clients
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently to deliver high-quality work to timescale
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy are essential (analytical thinking)
- Ability to identify out-of-scope opportunities and raise to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Proven client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to pre-empt problems and be pro-active in producing solutions
- Ability to use SEO tools efficiently and provide insights, including Google Analytics, Advanced Web Rankings, Omniture etc.
- Good understanding of web technologies (CMS, Web Servers & Website Information Architecture)
Essential personal qualities:
- A real team player
- Ability to take responsibility for own work; to make sure that others deliver in support of you if required
- Self-esteem, confidence and strength of character
- Flexibility - willingness to pick up tasks for others
- Quick to learn, and keen to develop
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Ability to fit into the character of the company whilst still bringing individuality
- A diplomatic, collaborative and positive approach to working life
MediaCom have one of the most innovative, passionate and successful digital performance teams in the UK, providing clients with best-in-class digital services across Paid Search, SEO, Data, Programmatic Display, Paid Social and other performance media.
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this - interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success. To learn more, visit us at www.mediacom.com