International SEO Technical Manager
Overview of Job
MediaCom requires a highly motivated, creative and technically aware SEO Manager to join our award winning and rapidly growing SEO team. This is a unique opportunity for someone with the right skills and level of ambition to progress their career.
Not only will the successful candidate be delivering SEO campaigns for some of the largest brands and advertisers in the world, they’ll also have the opportunity to develop their knowledge of media planning, thanks to the close integration between Mediacom’s SEO team with other specialist departments within the company.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Director of SEO.
3 best things about the job:
- Adventurous and pioneering client who want succeed in search.
- The team!!!!! Both the immediate core team and the wider departments we work with are fantastic. It’s great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at MediaCom across all departments.
- Outstanding personal development, training and learning opportunities, such as online learning, incredible guest speakers and dedicated Google days hosted at our offices.
Measures of success – In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong relationships with your day to day clients
- Delivered excellence in SEO strategy and implementation
In six months, you would have:
- Led development of new SEO approaches and products areas
- Demonstrated confidence feeding into projects’ SEO strategies
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become the trusted “go-to” person for the clients and internal teams with regards to technical SEO
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support the SEO director and account managers in all areas of SEO Strategy, with emphasis on technical SEO solutions
- Support end-to-end website migration projects, this includes leasing with client’s technical teams.
- Work with account managers to identify key strategic opportunities and produce recommendations and insights to define the technical SEO roadmap
- Manage our clients 3rd party technical SEO tools and ensure they are setup and used correctly throughout the team
- Oversee the performance of all SEO campaigns and ensure that key insights are incorporated into future activity.
- Analysing client websites, search results and online marketing data to identify SEO opportunities within clients’ markets and inline with latest search engine algorithm updates.
- Provide relevant training and support to the wider SEO and MediaCom teams
- Be the go-to-source for all technical SEO knowledge, providing recommendations, answering complex technical queries
- Maintaining the agency’s high client retention rate by developing and fostering long lasting client relationships
- Working alongside SEO Head and/or other MediaCom Management to expand the project base revenue to a retainer base revenue, and on new business opportunities
- Monitor industry trends and updates and report back on insights to the wider team
What you will need: Role specific:
- Minimum 3 years SEO experience with proven experience in SEO onsite and offsite and technical SEO for leading brands
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrable experience in HTML/JS/CSS & AJAX websites
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently to deliver high-quality work to timescale
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy are essential (analytical thinking)
- Ability to identify out-of-scope opportunities and raise to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Ability to pre-empt problems and be pro-active in producing solutions
- Ability to use SEO tools efficiently and provide insights, including Google Analytics, Advanced Web Rankings, Omniture etc.
- Good understanding of web technologies (CMS, Web Servers & Website Information Architecture)
- Able to write persuasive business documents including new business proposals and campaign summaries
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Science/Technology Degree level education preferred but not essential
Essential personal qualities:
- Highly motivated and able to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take responsibility for own work and to make sure that others deliver in support of you
- Self-esteem, confidence and strength of character
- Flexibility - willingness to pick up tasks for others
- Quick to learn, and keen to develop
- Attention to detail
- Ability to fit into the character of the company whilst still bringing individuality