To manage the Reception of the MediaCom HQ. To ensure that Reception is always helpful and courteous, and that all reception staff have excellent interpersonal skills along with being efficient, confident and have a pleasant manner. To ensure reception is presentable, welcoming, and engaging and that the team are self-motivated, able to work on their own initiative and can deal with sensitive issues should they arise.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into Soft Services Manager
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- An opportunity to have a viable and tangible impact on the agency, the department, and the team.
- The freedom to bring your own experiences to our reception to further develop our fantastic Reception
What are the measures of success?
- The post holder will be able to communicate with people across all levels
- Can motivate and inspire a team
- Has the ability to take decisive action
- Are good in a crisis
- The ability to support the team in the appropriate manner
- To create an environment where an ethos of team spirit and collaboration are welcomed
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Have a full understanding of all our process and procedures for Reception and Facilities
- Began to develop strong working relationships with the immediate team and the wider Facilities Team
- To have collaborative relationships with Senior Stakeholders, the new Business team and EA’s / PA’s
What will you need?
- Good standard of written, verbal English and Admin skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Engrained leadership skills
- Experience in conducting appraisals
- Numeracy Skills
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience on working with systems and technology
- To have solid Reception experience
- Solid experience working in a similar role
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*