Associate Director, Quantitative Research
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH
MediaCom are looking for a Quantitative Associate Director to work in our insight team. We are a 14-people strong, award-winning insight team embedded within Systems Intelligence at MediaCom.
Systems Intelligence houses all of the data, effectiveness, insight and technology specialists within MediaCom. The team has one purpose – to ensure the best use of data within media planning.
You will be responsible for building strong relationships with Business Directors and key clients to develop new business opportunities for the team and keeping abreast of innovative methodologies to introduce new products and revenue streams. You will be a leader within the team; inspiring others to give their best, overseeing the delivery of projects, ensuring that best practice is followed and developing and nurturing junior team members. You will play a key part in our leadership team, working together with your counterparts to ensure the team meets its KPIs.
The role presents the opportunity to work across a range of clients from different sectors, for example Sky, Tesco, Dell, Kwik Fit, the Army and Hasbro.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into Ruth Chalisey (Director)
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Variety – No two days are ever the same: you will be working across a range of different clients, categories and objectives (e.g. audience understanding, campaign measurement and brand and ad tracking). We encourage the use of innovative techniques and approaches so you have a real opportunity to try something different and bring some new thinking to our work.
- Accountability – As an Associate Director you are responsible and accountable for the quality of your team’s output
- The people – MediaCom is a brilliant place to work, with a people first culture. You’ll get to work with smart people from across the agency and will be responsible for the development and careers of some very talented and ambitious researchers.
What are the measures of success?
- You are an established member of the insight team, a go-to person for people around the agency, generating income from your relationships across the business and a respected leader within the team
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Gained an understanding of how the agency operates, how our team’s work fits in and what role quantitative research plays in this
- Started to establish strong relationships with planners, clients and key agency stakeholders
- Built a strong working relationship with your team, establishing a clear understanding of your direct reports’ KPIs and training requirements
- Taken the lead on overseeing client projects
- Started to be recognised as a leader within the Insight team and become an active member of the leadership team, owning and driving forward actions to help the team work towards its KPIs
What will you need?
- A passion for all things insight!
- A proven track record and expertise in a range of quantitative research (e.g. brand tracking, campaign evaluation, audience understanding) and experience in using innovative research methods
- Experience of working with/good knowledge of social and behavioural data
- Excellent leadership and people management skills – we’re looking for someone who can lead, inspire and develop a team
- Ability to spot and drive new opportunities for revenue generation or thought leadership
- Excellent client management skills
- A proven ability to deliver clear and compelling stories that provide actionable insights
- The ability to work independently, with minimal support from senior staff
- An appreciation of qualitative research and how qual and quant research work together
- Excellent communication skills – able to present complex ideas in a clear and engaging way
- Whilst direct experience of media and comms research is not necessary, a passion for media, communication and brands is a must
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*