Comms Planner Buyer
Unique Centrica Comms Planner Role
Overview of role
We’re looking for a bright Comms Planner to join our unique Centrica account team, someone who embraces growth to work as part of the nucleus cross agency integrated model. This is a great opportunity not only to work across household Brand names such as British Gas and Hive, but also to work in a truly integrated environment encompassing Media, Creative, PR and Customer Experience. This is a great opportunity to experience true systems planning, where we have access to all touchpoints in the customer journey to affect change for our clients.
You will be supporting a Manager and 2 Ads and will be expected to work alongside them to help creative effective always on media plans as well as to get involved with wider nucleus project initiatives. This is a great role for exposure to all avenues of the advertising industry, and an opportunity to grow across a client that has adapted to an inclusive way of working & who is ambitious in outlook.
Reporting of the role
Reporting directly into 2 Associate Directors
3 best things about the job
1 Huge potential for growth
2. Exposure to the full system of marketing channels
3. A fun and friendly extended team (& an added swanky alternative office!)
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Established working relationships with the media team & the wider nucleus model
- Develop an understanding of your client’s business, marketing, and the role media plays.
- Got involved in organising cross discipline workstreams
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of nucleus & MediaCom processes
- Familiarised yourself with The GRID – bespoke data management platform for Centrica
In six months, you would have:
- Built a clear understanding of Media & it’s role in the world of Systems Planning
- Develop a clear understanding of our Systems Planning approach and The System (our proprietary Planning tool).
- Build an understanding of digital, data, and marketing technology, and how we use them to drive growth for our clients.
- Contribute to a seamless working process between the Comms, Implementation Planning and the rest of the nucleus disciplines.
- Supported your BD and AD in the creation of a ‘Great Work Manifesto’ for your clients.
- Cultivated cross agency relationships with peer group.
- Become a regular user of The GRID
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become an important part of the wider nucleus team whilst continuing to be fully involved in MediaCom life.
- Have a good holistic knowledge of the processes involved in working in an integrated account.
Responsibilities of the role
- Plan management
- Supporting and working with Manager & 2 x ADs across new campaign briefs & BAU (Always on) digital work
- Finance management
- Audience & Market discovery work using industry tools such as Nielsen, Touchpoints, TGI, Brand Index
- Familiarise yourself with bespoke client brand research
- Campaign reporting & analysis
What you will need
- To be passionate about advertising!
- To be culturally inquisitive
- An openness to different ways of working & a proactive nature
- An eye for detail
- Experience working on campaign analysis, reporting, insight discovery
- Knowledge of standard industry tools
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*