Senior Planner Buyer - MediaCom Trading Desk
MediaCom - Senior Digital Buyer
Overview of job
This is a role looking at the future of Digital OOH. Working across MediaCom’s entire client base, the candidate will be working directly with the Director and Partner responsible for the creation of The MediaCom Trading Desk (MTD)
Responsible for in campaign management, PCA’s and system bookings, the candidate will be at the heart of what is a fast-growing area of development for the agency. We are looking for a candidate to grow quickly along with the product and show aptitude to enhance the roles responsibilities dependent on results.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to John-Paul Major and Arran Javed.
3 best things about the job:
- Truly being at the forefront of an industry which is changing faster than any other
- Working as part of a small agile team with the resource backing of the largest agency in the UK
- Massive potential for career progression, growing alongside the product.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Mastered the basics of campaign planning using the tool
- Be competent at putting together post campaign PCA’s
- Be the first port of call for planning teams & Media owners on day to day campaign management.
In six months, you would have:
- The media owners contacts and ability to source data for implementation planning requirements.
- The ability to talk clients & planning teams through implementational plans
- Be part of PCA presentations, talking through results & outputs with clients.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Started to input on the development of the MediaCom Trading Desk with existing team
- Begun to suggest new opportunities and work with the team on data and tech sources.
Responsibilities of the role:
The candidate would be responsible for the day to day running of MTD, helping us drive volume by servicing the demand from clients. This comprises in the main of setting up all implementational planning in conjunction with the planning teams, inputting all data onto systems to ensure prompt billing, working with media owners on the in-flight campaign monitoring and pulling together data and insights for post campaign analysis.
We also want the candidate to be confident in their ability to add input into what is a close knit team, offering ideas, input into discussions on MTD direction and being involved in the strategic sell in to clients alongside senior colleagues.
What you will need:
The ideal candidate will be someone who is hungry to grow and wants to work at the cutting edge of media buying. Someone who has ideas about the future of data and tech in traditional media channels and can communicate those ideas. They would also be someone who can deliver to a high level across multiple campaigns on a consistent basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment.
- A drive to grow your career
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An understanding of the OOH market would be beneficial.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en