Associate Consultant - BLINK
Associate Consultant - BLINK
We are looking for an ambitious and driven Associate Consultant to join the UK BLINK consulting team. Working with the Head of Consulting, the Associate Consultant will be an integral part of the business as it is established, with plenty of opportunity to learn and develop a strong consulting skillset. The successful candidate will get to work across a range of internal and external projects, helping to identify, scope and deliver premium quality consultancy projects for MediaCom clients and beyond.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into the Head of Consulting
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- You will have the chance to be involved in the development of a new business unit within an established business from the outset. This combination will provide a unique opportunity to learn and develop at a rapid pace.
- The consultancy will be seeking to help clients with their most pressing business problems and will draw upon the expertise of the wider MediaCom business and WPP network. The successful applicant will be learning from global leaders and will have exposure to senior level business people as part of this role.
- You will have the chance to build a strong consultancy skillset which will set you in good stead for your whole career.
What are the measures of success?
- You are an established senior member of the BLINK consulting team, helping to deliver transformation solutions for clients
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Mastered the basics of the Blink consulting offer and how this fits in with the wider MediaCom business
- Conducted high quality research to support client meetings and answer client briefs
- Provided tangible contributions to planning work and brainstorming sessions
What will you need?
- Previous experience working in media and/or marketing
- Able to explain and present complex issues using sound logic and reasoning
- Calm under pressure, for example, when deadlines change at short notice
- A high standard of spoken and written English
- A demonstrable interest in technology, trends, media, people, brands and industries
- A demonstrable interest in consulting theory and a desire to learn how to apply this in the real world
- Excellent organisational skills, able to manage a variety of tasks and able to prioritise those tasks
- An intermediate-to-advanced working knowledge of MS Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- The ability to translate information clearly in MS Powerpoint (to deliver clear, compelling insights and recommendations)
- Experience in presenting to others is preferable
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
About BLINK Consulting:
BLINK Consulting is a 3rd millennium consultancy dedicated to keeping clients at the forefront of a constantly evolving landscape. BLINK Consulting expands beyond theory into solid, pragmatic and experience-based services for digital acceleration. With more than 150 experts working across the globe BLINK Consulting provides local, regional and global consultancy solutions around five key digital acceleration pillars:
Digital Maturity, Platform Activation, Applied Innovation, Strategic In-housing, Integrated Ecommerce, all underpinned by strategic consultancy